Sign in to follow this  
LH19

Colour Splash

Hello,

I'm an aspiring leather goods designer from Melbourne, Australia, currently prototyping products, hand crafting everything myself.

I thoroughly enjoy working with leathers of vibrant colours, and I thought I'd share some pictures of the process.

It's really great to be here and admire all your work. The talent and skill on this forum is far beyond my imagination.

Cheers

5J.jpg

4J.jpg

1J.jpg

2J.jpg

3J.jpg

Hello LH19,

Welcome here on the leatherworker-forum. These colours are indeed beautiful and as you say vibrant, indeed. Is the top picture showing the colouring of the flesh side of a leather piece? Interesting. Wish you all the best of luck with your work, much enjoyment with it.

The "leatherthresher" from Switzerland.

Dude,  your work is very professional and you should be proud of it.  

I look forward to your contributions .... especially because I'm such a novice and can only aspire to this level of work!

Best wishes for 2022

On 1/15/2022 at 12:51 AM, leatherthresher said:

Hello LH19,

Welcome here on the leatherworker-forum. These colours are indeed beautiful and as you say vibrant, indeed. Is the top picture showing the colouring of the flesh side of a leather piece? Interesting. Wish you all the best of luck with your work, much enjoyment with it.

The "leatherthresher" from Switzerland.

Thank you - It's actually just applying glue, but using a paint spatula.

On 1/15/2022 at 1:55 AM, JayEhl said:

Dude,  your work is very professional and you should be proud of it.  

I look forward to your contributions .... especially because I'm such a novice and can only aspire to this level of work!

Best wishes for 2022

Thank you, I've been working with leather for a few years and I'm not particularly talented, so just keep at it and you'll get there. All the things in those photos can be achieved with the right tools and a bit of practice. Best wishes for you too!