Willoughby

Minor Bag Alterations (South West / Perth)

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me with some alterations to a leather bag. I bought it for my partner for her birthday but apparently the straps are too wide. She much prefers the thin straps on her old brown bag (have a look at the attached images) which are about 1/3 of the width of the new black one. Would it be possible to get these cut down to size and stitch them up?

The black strap's also a bit shorter (about 1070mm compared to 1300mm) so adding a bit of length would be nice if possible, but it's not a big deal. There's about 9cm folded back at each end of the strap so I figured maybe that could be used. 

And finally, she doesn't like the tassel attached to the zipper so I was wondering if part of the excess leather on the wide strap could be used to make a simple leather tag to attach instead. There's already a perfect one attached to the outer pocket (see the attached photo) so basically just a replica of that, though it doesn't have to be identical.

I'm in Nannup but happy to travel to surrounding areas (Manjimup, Bridgetown, Busselton, Margaret River, etc). I head up to Perth quite regularly as well so that's also an option, or anywhere en route like Bunbury, Mandurah, etc.

Cheers,
Will

Attachment.jpg

Straps.jpg

Whole Bag.jpg

Zipper.jpg