kiwican

2, 500 year old leather armour!

Thats cool. 

That is cool it makes me want to try to make one it would take the whole cow to get around me. LOL

something to do with your off cuts!!! 

On 5/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, chuck123wapati said:

something to do with your off cuts!!! 

ya 5,000 of them LOL

9 minutes ago, Samalan said:

ya 5,000 of them LOL

just think of it as a leather jigsaw puzzle . lol

On 5/7/2022 at 6:38 PM, chuck123wapati said:

just think of it as a leather jigsaw puzzle . lol

My wife does puzzles on the dining room table when I walk through the room she'll say want to do some then giggles  she knows I hate puzzles.

2 hours ago, Samalan said:

My wife does puzzles on the dining room table when I walk through the room she'll say want to do some then giggles  she knows I hate puzzles.

well turn the tables on her, ask her if she wants to do one out of leather. lol. 

4 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

well turn the tables on her, ask her if she wants to do one out of leather. lol. 

One time I had her to the point of almost being interested in leather work talked her into going to Tandy leather with me we signed up for a carving class it took months to get her just to go to Tandy with me on the way home the store manager called and said the store policy was they would not take husband and wives in a class would not say why just store policy I said ok you just lost 2 customers long story short she is no longer interested in leather work. LOL

3 hours ago, Samalan said:

One time I had her to the point of almost being interested in leather work talked her into going to Tandy leather with me we signed up for a carving class it took months to get her just to go to Tandy with me on the way home the store manager called and said the store policy was they would not take husband and wives in a class would not say why just store policy I said ok you just lost 2 customers long story short she is no longer interested in leather work. LOL

jeez that sucks! 

I think they figured if it's husband and wife they can sell one set of tools if it's just one or the other that makes room for another tool buyer but that thinking lost them a good customer or two I never went back to that store.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:58 PM, Samalan said:

I think they figured if it's husband and wife they can sell one set of tools if it's just one or the other that makes room for another tool buyer but that thinking lost them a good customer or two I never went back to that store.

or they just had a couple bad couples lol. it happens.

I think it's more likely what Chuck said!

And knowing how my husband was always 'borrowing' stuff (tools, etc.) from me, and not returning them, I'd want my OWN set of tools, and I'd lock them up if we were both doing leathercraft!

After he died, I found my iron, my spare can opener and a whole bunch of other stuff down at his apartment building. I remember specifically asking him about both the can opener and iron, and both times he shrugged and said, "I have NO idea where they are!" :dunno:

Edited by Sheilajeanne

On 5/14/2022 at 1:19 PM, Sheilajeanne said:

"I have NO idea where they are!"

My wife will ask me where i put something i had in my hands yesterday and i don't know and that's for real it could be a problem LOL and no it's not just her stuff.

Oh, he knew where they were all right! He borrowed the clothes iron to put veneer strips on the edges of shelves he'd bought, and he definitely did NOT want me to know about it! I would not have been happy!! :ranting2: