Thescandall

Techsew shopping cart checkout

I need bobbins for my 5100 , but it says some addresses kinda stuff and won’t let me finish the order. I live in Texas but I don’t see where that could be a problem. Using PayPal might be it. I don’t know. Any other folks have issues.  Regular 441 type won’t work because the hole is not correct.  Even tried Juki, Hightec and others.  I have 1 left.      NEED Bobbins. 

Well I guess it’s just the signal when I’m at the ranch. Tried from town this morning and the bobbin order went thru.  

Glad to know you've been successful.

I'm not understanding the problem you've had with other bobbins. Are they not interchangeable between the 441 class machines? What seems to be the difference?

Regards,

Arturo

14 minutes ago, Arturomex said:

Glad to know you've been successful.

I'm not understanding the problem you've had with other bobbins. Are they not interchangeable between the 441 class machines? What seems to be the difference?

Regards,

Arturo

The hole in the Juki bobbin will not line up with the winding  pin on the techsew machine. Same with the high lead and others. 
I’m sure they could be drilled a little closer to the center post of the bobbin but I would like to have the correct ones. 

20 minutes ago, Thescandall said:

The hole in the Juki bobbin will not line up with the winding  pin on the techsew machine. Same with the high lead and others. 
I’m sure they could be drilled a little closer to the center post of the bobbin but I would like to have the correct ones. 

That's really interesting...  From what you report it sounds as if the bobbin on the 5100 is different from that on the 2750 (which I have).  Do you know if that's really the case?  I would be surprised.

I buy generic "M" bobbins from Wawak and they work perfectly in my Techsew 2750 and also in my Consew RB206-5.

Unless the pin is supposed to go in the slot on the bobbin. I just got this machine yesterday. I tried the slot on the Juki bobbin and it didn’t work either. Slot was too narrow. 
 Go figure.  I’m new to this stuff. 

8 minutes ago, Thescandall said:

Unless the pin is supposed to go in the slot on the bobbin. I just got this machine yesterday. I tried the slot on the Juki bobbin and it didn’t work either. Slot was too narrow. 
 Go figure.  I’m new to this stuff. 

I'm at my day job and don't have a bobbin with me.  I'm not quite sure what you are talking about regarding a slot on the bobbin.  I'll look at my bobbins tonight when I get home, but I've never given any thought at all to any kind of "slot" on my bobbins.

You're new to this stuff and just got the fabulous TechSew 5100?  Congratulations!  I hope you got the speed reducer and needle positioner with it.  I think it's like my 2750 PRO but uh, better.  What is your intended use for the machine?

@Thescandall - are you talking about the little slot which is at about the 8 o'clock position on this photo?

That slot is not used at all when the bobbin is inserted in the bobbin case.  As a matter of fact, I don't think it's used at all, except maybe on the bobbin winder to keep the bobbin from just spinning freely.  But (I'll confirm it when I get home) I don't think even my bobbin winders use that slot.  The bobbin just fits on the split shaft on the winder and is held by friction.

Bobbin1.jpg

My bobbins are huge.  Not like yours at all. I get about as much on my fishing reel   Lol

2EB2149C-3B5C-4DAE-8ABE-85E59866966D.png

Edited by Thescandall

3 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

I'm at my day job and don't have a bobbin with me.  I'm not quite sure what you are talking about regarding a slot on the bobbin.  I'll look at my bobbins tonight when I get home, but I've never given any thought at all to any kind of "slot" on my bobbins.

You're new to this stuff and just got the fabulous TechSew 5100?  Congratulations!  I hope you got the speed reducer and needle positioner with it.  I think it's like my 2750 PRO but uh, better.  What is your intended use for the machine?

Yes I got the techsew smart servo motor with it also. Although mine is 800 watts and I’m having trouble finding a link for it.  I got a lot of learning to do now.  My winder has a pin sticking out that goes into the side of the bobbin.  Not friction only.  

Edited by Thescandall

My uses are. Well I have horses, so tack for sure. Also I make custom knives. And need sheaths for them. Also western gunbelts and holsters.  I might make some nice computer cases and luggage type bags as well. It kinda opened up a whole new range of projects. 

57 minutes ago, Thescandall said:

Yes I got the techsew smart servo motor with it also. I got a lot of learning to do now.  My winder has a pin sticking out that goes into the side of the bobbin.  Not friction only.  

Funny, my winder (on either the Techsew 2750 Pro or the Consew RB206-5) does not have any kind of pin.  The bobbin fits on simply by friction.  I wonder why they used different types of winders on different model machines.

Thanks for making it clearer about what you were talking about.  Glad you finally got the right bobbins ordered.

Cheers!

19 minutes ago, Thescandall said:

My uses are. Well I have horses, so tack for sure. Also I make custom knives. And need sheaths for them. Also western gunbelts and holsters.  I might make some nice computer cases and luggage type bags as well. It kinda opened up a whole new range of projects. 

Well, I think you've got the ideal machine for all that.  You didn't fool around there.

You'll find this is an excellent forum with very helpful and extremely knowledgeable members who will help you when you get stuck.  I myself only started doing any type of sewing since Covid and this forum has been invaluable help.

Cheers!