ToddW

looking for a soft blue leather for female bags.. like this color

Wife is wanting me to make her a bag for her iPad in a soft blue.  This is about the color.  I have seen cobalt blues which are bluer than she likes.  Anyone know of a leather supplier with good selections of blues?

Snip20220113_55.png

There’s one that gives me the blues now and again, but I get over it. My grandpa worked there in the 40’s and 50’s. If he hadn’t started loosing his mind I’d take him in so he could speak to the manager… Ha! Wanting to know why they won’t honor my free ………… coupon from 44…. I really have some . A lot, back to 33. Man I got lost on this one. Blues, I know my local Big T store has piles of full hides in all kinds of blues in what looks pebble grain. Looks like your pic. 

I'm ok with smooth or pebble grain...  She is more particular about the color..

Might try Rocky Mountain Leather or Fine Leather Working for a selection of Chevre Chagrin or Chevre Sully leather in a wide variety of colors.

YinTx

Not sure where you located but these may have something for you or give you an idea of what to look for.

https://www.aacrack.co.uk

https://www.metropolitanleather.com

Hope this helps

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

thanks!  I am in the US but like to see the various blues which there are a lot of them.  I saw the discussion on leather from COACH which happens to have the colors I like.  The thread was old but described it as glove tanned leather.  Still out there looking..

Glove leather is very thin. For cases you want something heavier.

yep.. definitely want something heavier. but not sure its "glove leather" as it was "glove tanned leather".. anyway, no biggie.. still looking at colors for what I am wanting..

On 1/13/2022 at 11:48 PM, ToddW said:

Wife is wanting me to make her a bag for her iPad in a soft blue.  This is about the color.  I have seen cobalt blues which are bluer than she likes.  Anyone know of a leather supplier with good selections of blues?

Snip20220113_55.png

Ill look threw my bins tomorrow. Im 85% certain i have a good section of the very leather in your pic. Same blue same pebble pattern. Its part of a huge lot i bought last year at an estate sale. Theres alot of it im never gonna use in the work i do. So if i still have that blue id be happy to work something out if interested. 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:57 PM, ToddW said:

just let me know.. would need enough to make an iPad bag...

Just wanted to update and say i dont have that blue anymore. I gave a bunch of the leather that i want ever use to one of my little sisters. I asked her about the blue and she said she has about used all of it. Sorry about that. Wish i could tell you where it came from but it was part of a huge lot i got at an estate sale. I gave about half to my sister. Colors and patterns i would never use. 

no prob..and appreciate the look around.

I am still looking if anyone knows a tanner, or retailer.. 

Edited by ToddW

Have you checked frogjelly leather? I find some stuff there sometimes that i cant find elsewhere. 

Good call and shockingly 10 minutes from my house..  I have never looked at them before and they are in my background..