Sign in to follow this  
Rocky143

Attention Bump Jig Shoppers!

What leather crafters call bump jigs, wood workers call "positioning squares."  They are usually sold in sets of two or four, without a straight edge.

I went through Amazon's entire offering of positioning squares and found one, and only one, set of two positioning squares with a straight edge.  It is selling for $11.11 with free shipping for Prime members.  It is available in 3-, 4-, and 6-inch models.  It is the 4-inch one that sells for $11.11.  It is orange plastic.

https://www.amazon.com/Chiloskit-Woodworking-Carpenter-Auxiliary-Locator/dp/B07F3WTF18/ref=sr_1_258?crid=22MNMD87XVXMV&keywords=ruler%2Bpositioning%2Bsquare&qid=1642256981&sprefix=ruler%20positioning%20square%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-258&th=1

I got mine off Etsy,  they aren’t square and they don’t nest well. I gave up on Etsy because the quality just isn’t there

I got a set of 2 aluminum blue ones off ebay for that. Then went to the local steel yard here and had a 8" piece of stainless cut out for me. Then 2 x sets of brass mider gauges off ebay for 7 bucks a piece. I can line anything up now with minimal effort.