suncat33770

Oiling the sewing hook on pfaff 545

813408811_IMG_3297(1)sm.jpeg.87daa062a3fbcc3f70e5d1ede4d3642b.jpeg1477438762_sewsm.jpg.e0dd55a7b8a454253bbe55fa18a0968a.jpgHi,

I need help finding how to oil the sewing hook on Pfaff 545.  On page 4 of my manual, it says to oil the hook, item R, in the photo on page 5.  

I can't find the location R.  

I'll try to include a photo of my machine....

Thx 

Randy Webster

Could you include a photo of your page 5? I'm thinking that if it is like my Singer 111, there is a Tiny tiny little oil felt inside the edge of the bobbin case. You might have "cleaned" it out thinking it was dust/dirt like I did.

There is an “R” in that photo, it points to a channel in the part that adjusts the bobbin case opener.

C91B5DEC-00C5-45A3-9E15-40D76815B6CE.jpeg

Here’s a picture I found online. I added arrows and text. This hook looks a little different form the manual.

A50C0C10-9956-4552-BA26-D6D8E5A38C35.jpeg

Here’s a photo of the slot under the oil hole that supplies the race. It normally has a little piece of felt that holds a few drops of oil.

3D867CDE-9737-4472-B2FC-8D812C9BEF9D.jpeg

Here’s a photo from a Pfaff 145 to show what that channel looks like after removing the hook. Two channels gourde oil the either the hook shaft of the bobbin case opener ring.

F3319253-594A-45DA-9418-4A2DAE9D3C6A.jpeg

Edited by Uwe

Thx Mr. Uwe for your wonderful help and photos.

I found the small channel with the felt oil pad.  Mine felt was missing.  I did not find the depression or channel you labled in the next photo.  I was afraid to remove the center screw to remove the hook.  I was afraid I would mess something up:)  

I love your photos and arrows.  I added my machine photos to let you see what I have.

This is just a fun machine I use to for my boat projects.  It appears to have had little use and sews a lot better than I do:)  

oil1.jpg

oil4.jpg

take the hook and bobbin case out and derust them with Dremel and wire brush that fits on Dremel.    Check the tip of the hook for burrs.  Machine will work better derusted.

I  mark oil areas with red paint stick.  Helps when oiling machine.  Clean up the buggered up screw heads as well.    You got a high lift version of a 545.  Great machine!!!

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher