black Jack also know as a sap

piece of leather filled with lead,  It will make an attacker sit in the corner and drool on himself

002.JPG.917d6b67533b980d0a978109e77bc11f.JPG

I'd rather get caught with a .380 in my pocket than that here In Ohio.

I can get a CCW for the .380 . . . I'll be talking to the judge (s)  if I'm caught with that thing of yours.

May God bless,

Dwight

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

piece of leather filled with lead,  It will make an attacker sit in the corner and drool on himself

it look's as badass as it is.

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

Remove the leather string at the end of the handle and install a metal "O" ring and would make a great protective key chain. Is that teeth marks in the jack?

kgg

I like it.  Makes for a little piece of mind if times go bad.

I don't always carry my 9 but this gives me a decent idea.  A friend talked me into carrying a Q-Ball in a sock.  You never know when a game of pool is going to break out. 

Hit the little lump on the back of your skull......nappy time.  The medula is sure sensitive to getting whacked.  Nasty headache when you wake up too. 

Here in WI, saps are covered by your CCW. 

Sock full of sand works too, empty sand and put your sock back on. 

1 hour ago, AzShooter said:

I like it.  Makes for a little piece of mind if times go bad.

I don't always carry my 9 but this gives me a decent idea.  A friend talked me into carrying a Q-Ball in a sock.  You never know when a game of pool is going to break out. 

For many years I have kept a Louisville Slugger baseball bat in my car. My old fielder's mitt and a baseball ride along also. Never know when I'll find a game to play in.

A nice russet potato in a sock can be handy for social occasions. Of course, they will sprout and turn mushy so we have to replace occasionally.

24 years as a cop, always carried a 24-ounce pocket sap, spring steel with a rounded flat piece of lead in a leather casing. Our old uniform pants had a special pocket along the seam of the right leg. In plain clothes I carried it in my back pocket. Came in handy more than once.

Back in the 1970s a company called Damascus Industries made "sap gloves". Basically just a nice black leather glove with the knuckle area containing a pouch filled with about 8 ounces of powdered lead. Another version placed the lead-filled pouch in the palm of the hand, which provided a pretty convincing slap to the face when circumstances required such a response.

Know your state and local laws! Blackjacks, slap-jacks, flails, and other such things may be classified as dangerous or deadly weapons, and little or no wiggle-room may exist for those carrying such devices.

Of course, there is always a $2 roll of nickels, wrapped securely in duct tape to avoid breaking the paper roll, easily gripped in the hand to add some authority to an attention-getter pop in the face, or the ribs, or the kidneys. Also handy for pay phones, if you can find one in 21st Century America.

Edited by Lobo

6 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

it look's as badass as it is.

This is how !  achieved that look.  burnished with hands  the whole thing with beeswax/paraffin mix.

Then stained with a 50/50 mix of l fiebings brown/mahogany

burnished again with elk tine . that I got from you

buffed to shine

14 hours ago, Frodo said:

Frodo   I made one for my brother looks similar but mine was filled with 10 dollars in quarters with a flap that you would pass through your belt fold it back down and snap to the money end that flap was the handle very effective but if questioned by police it's just a change purse.

Looks as badass as it can get.

A roll of $1 coins sounds as the safest bet for all states as it passes as a wallet if SHTF. Also, it would not be confiscated if one goes to jail/prison over the fight, and they will have to return it upon release.

i was bored so I made a couple more

003.thumb.JPG.533cf6c8f21f768beb5f55375cbeb2cf.JPG

One + photos 636.jpg

One + photos 637.jpg

31 minutes ago, toxo said:

One + photos 636.jpg

One + photos 637.jpg

that's it that's the one I made for my brother.

9 hours ago, Frodo said:

i was bored so I made a couple more

What does the inscription in red say?

1 hour ago, Samalan said:

that's it that's the one I made for my brother.

All I see is a wallet ;) (it's a wink smilie, not a smirk smilie)

Edited by DrmCa

I made one of those.  It looks really good and it would be a very good seller to a huge group of people.

what I did not like about it was the size it has to be in order to get enough weight to be effective.

granted it is a change purse and can not be denied as such.  mine is a key fob, it can be troublesome if the person seeing it wants to push the issue but  it would win the argument in a court of law.  THAT is a lot of drama to go through 

001.JPG.b964b7f6fa7d99dcb2fc596d5c0efa52.JPG

Hard to see the point, Black Jacks were originally use by someone sneaking up and hitting someone on the head with it, If I was in the US with so many people armed with knives and guns, I would never want to get that close and use a BJ face to face, But then I guess they say about 50% of US citizens are brave enough to go around unarmed

Edited by chrisash

......LOL......

Edited by Frodo

3 hours ago, chrisash said:

Hard to see the point, Black Jacks were originally use by someone sneaking up and hitting someone on the head with it, If I was in the US with so many people armed with knives and guns, I would never want to get that close and use a BJ face to face, But then I guess they say about 50% of US citizens are brave enough to go around unarmed

An unarmed person is a subject an armed person a citizen.    That's the way we think about it here.

4 hours ago, chrisash said:

Where did you get that 50% number from?    

4 hours ago, chrisash said:

But then I guess they say about 50% of US citizens are brave enough to go around unarmed

What you miss is that good people in the US are under tremendous pressure from the scum of the world sneaking into their country. No other country in this world is overrun by millions of illegal aliens with no concept of law and order from crime-ridden countries. US people are wise to carry and entitled to that.

And slap-jack is a less-than-lethal alternative for keeping the scum of the world in line. Do you prefer them just being shot instead? I would, but you probably don't.

Those Saps are all really cool...Consider a can of wasp spray that shoots 15 ft +...This is a great defender

6 hours ago, chrisash said:

2 hours ago, DrmCa said:

What you miss is that good people in the US are under tremendous pressure from the scum of the world sneaking into their country. No other country in this world is overrun by millions of illegal aliens with no concept of law and order from crime-ridden countries. US people are wise to carry and entitled to that.

And slap-jack is a less-than-lethal alternative for keeping the scum of the world in line. Do you prefer them just being shot instead? I would, but you probably don't.

Chris one thing i learned working in a prison, bad people have brains and can use them fairly well and they don't usually let the victim determine the rules of the game. Face to face is more than likely going to be your only option.

Funny thing i live in Wyoming it ranks at the top for states with the most guns per capita of any.  I never carried until a few years ago, never felt the need. Now once in a great while i carry in town but always when traveling and always out in the sticks. Most folks here are the same as me. Most of what you folks see and hear on the news comes from the cities not the rural areas of the country. Now if i lived in the cities prolly a thumper and a shooter too and with my American bully at my side. We are truly being overrun, its a sad situation here.

For you folks who work in an office , this works too!!!! just open it up and start swinging.Swingline Stapler, Commercial Desk Stapler, 20 Sheet ...

17 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

just open it up and start swinging.

It is a Swingline after all....  :lol:

wasp spray is a fantastic idea

Edited by Frodo

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

For you folks who work in an office , this works too!!!! just open it up and start swinging.

Just don't do it in front of Canadian RCMP!