11 hours ago, kiwican said:

I said they aren't all "scum of the world" or as you point out

I never wrote that which you are accusing me of: that they "all" are.

11 hours ago, Leescustomleather said:

what excuse could you give for carrying a can of wasp spray?

To deter wasps.

11 hours ago, Leescustomleather said:

what excuse could you give for carrying a can of wasp spray? 

I was afraid for my life!!! Dont say anything else until you see a lawyer. No matter what you use or why.

15 hours ago, DrmCa said:

So it is irresponsible to assert that everyone who crosses the border are good, hardworking individuals.

Especially when they knowingly break the law by coming in illegally! Those who would abandon their children are guilty of even worse crime. 

In one case, a Texas rancher found five abandoned children on her property. Border Patrol agents found an 8-year-old boy wandering alone in the New Mexico desert. Two toddlers were dropped over the border fence by smugglers. A 6-month-old baby was tossed from a smuggling raft into the Rio Grande between Texas and Mexico.  

https://www.theepochtimes.com/children-crossing-border-alone-hit-all-time-high-in-2021_4218898.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=gp

Edited by chuck123wapati

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

I was afraid for my life!!! Dont say anything else until you see a lawyer. No matter what you use or why.

This!

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

CORRECTION.  Do not EVEN say that.  This is from my lawyer 

After a shooting or event happens

1--drop the weapon at your feet

2- When police arrive, hands in the air,  do as instructed

3-  Give your name and ask for a lawyer. ANSWER NO questions . DO not say you were scared, or self defense. SAY NOTHING

4-- do not resist, do not answer ANY questions, Do not engage in small talk  stay silent till lawyer tells you other wise

Saying you were scared can hurt you, let the lawyer tell the story. YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

1 minute ago, Frodo said:

CORRECTION.  Do not EVEN say that.  This is from my lawyer 

After a shooting or event happens

1--drop the weapon at your feet

2- When police arrive, hands in the air,  do as instructed

3-  Give your name and ask for a lawyer. ANSWER NO questions . DO not say you were scared, or self defense. SAY NOTHING

4-- do not resist, do not answer ANY questions, Do not engage in small talk  stay silent till lawyer tells you other wise

Saying you were scared can hurt you, let the lawyer tell the story. YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

yup the best answer is always no answer but very hard to do. I was taught different in professional training.  Was also taught about plausible deniability too that is really a good one! lol.

2 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

yup the best answer is always no answer but very hard to do. I was taught different in professional training.  Was also taught about plausible deniability too that is really a good one! lol.

In my state, I am not required by law to give the police my ID or Name untill arrested for a crime hat they can be articulated to me 

exception is being pulled over.and then only the driver is required to ID no passengers are required to ID. 

On 1/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, kiwican said:

First of all, read what I wrote. I very clearly stated that I'm against illegal immigration. Second, I did not say they were all hardworking individuals. I said they aren't all "scum of the world" or as you point out,  "ISIS operatives, Taliban sympathizers, Moro fighters, Somalian and Nigerian pirates, Columbian cartel executioners, drug mules, or whoever else imaginable".

On 1/25/2022 at 7:47 PM, kiwican said:

Yes, I want to bet on that. You cannot compared a victimized child to a criminal. The child isn't the threat. The assholes that are trafficking them are the threat.  

Very well said, sir.

There is nuance to this issue that some fail to appreciate. I for one, have traveled all over Mexico, central and South America during my time in the Service.  I found the people there to be hospitable, friendly and part of interesting & fascinating cultures. Just like any other society, there is poverty and the crime associated with it. What I think many people in the US do not understand is the absolute & abject poverty that many of the people live in.  It is truly not understandable unless you have personally witnessed it. Yes, we have poverty in the US, but this is people that live in miles and miles of squatter camps with unsound structures or favelas, with no running water or sewer or any other modern infrastructure.  I wouldn’t fault any parent for trying to escape it, and it is difficult for those without any resources to do so in a legal manner. It doesn’t mean that that the US owes them entry, or anything else, I would hope that we could treat these, fellow people with human compassion and understanding, and not generalize or vilification of them all. 

6 minutes ago, Viking said:

Very well said, sir.

There is nuance to this issue that some fail to appreciate. I for one, have traveled all over Mexico, central and South America during my time in the Service.  I found the people there to be hospitable, friendly and part of interesting & fascinating cultures. Just like any other society, there is poverty and the crime associated with it. What I think many people in the US do not understand is the absolute & abject poverty that many of the people live in.  It is truly not understandable unless you have personally witnessed it. Yes, we have poverty in the US, but this is people that live in miles and miles of squatter camps with unsound structures or favelas, with no running water or sewer or any other modern infrastructure.  I wouldn’t fault any parent for trying to escape it, and it is difficult for those without any resources to do so in a legal manner. It doesn’t mean that that the US owes them entry, or anything else, I would hope that we could treat these, fellow people with human compassion and understanding, and not generalize or vilification of them all. 

I agree we should be finding and eradicating the causes of these mass immigrations. People don't want to leave their homes, when they do there is a problem that needs fixed.

I fault the criminals that are taking advantage, and the politicians who ignore those basic problems, but a real concern to me is the lions share of immigrants are young healthy men who could easily be military units. I also think any person who comes to the border should enter legally poor or not and if they do respect their new homeland shouldn't have a problem respecting our laws right from the first step to the last. Our immigration laws virtually mirror most of the immigration laws in the free world. Canada for example is almost word for word.

54 minutes ago, Viking said:

Very well said, sir.

Here is the nuance as simple as i can explain it 

If you knock on my front door and humbly ask for food. you will be fed and clothed your wounds tended to 

If you sneak in my back  door I will shoot you in the head with out reservation or remorse

I am NOT advocating shooting illegals. I believe it is called an analogy 

in all fairness.  we as a sovereign country should house and cloth our own people FIRST

The solution to the 3d poverty is not uncontrollable immigration into the 1st world.

It is called math, and math is tough. While X million people from the 3d world run across the borders, the 3d world adds 3*X babies. Now solve that equation with compassion alone.

1 hour ago, DrmCa said:

The solution to the 3d poverty is not uncontrollable immigration into the 1st world.

It is called math, and math is tough. While X million people from the 3d world run across the borders, the 3d world adds 3*X babies. Now solve that equation with compassion alone.

Could not find the like button so here  See the source image