Stewart

A New Experience

I just put this one together for tracing. The background will not be traced,will tool.

I think I am confident to take my own pictures Of scenery  and work with them.

At least for backgrounds.

I have this idea of a moss laden tree over a pond, a bass jumping out of the cattails after a Redwing Black 

Bird. So to do it right with the correct angles i will have to do it myself.

See what happens

close-up-straw-background-texture-100312347-cropped.png

Keep digging! There's likely the rest of that tractor in there somewhere.

Can't wait to see the finished painting.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:58 PM, alpha2 said:

Keep digging! There's likely the rest of that tractor in there somewhere.

Can't wait to see the finished painting.

The digging needed is a  video of how to paint straw. Tooling straw is almost as bad.

The paint ,it seems, needs to be a certain texture. to wet and runs and if 's to heavy than

a one or two hair brush bogs down. i am not backing off.

1 hour ago, Stewart said:

The digging needed is a  video of how to paint straw. Tooling straw is almost as bad.

The paint ,it seems, needs to be a certain texture. to wet and runs and if 's to heavy than

If you have the tools you can make as straw stamp. Flatten a stainless bolt head and then cut some random lines with a small triangle file like the stamp on the left.

tools4.JPG

On 1/18/2022 at 6:35 AM, Stewart said:

I have this idea of a moss laden tree over a pond, a bass jumping out of the cattails after a Redwing Black 

Bird. 

I close my eyes and can see your vision.  peaceful. LOVE Spanish moss hanging from old Oaks

I also have a vision of a moss covered old oak tree in a old cemetery with dilapidated wrot iron fence around it,  Church with a steeple in the back ground. under the tree are leaning head stones with the names of fallen Brothers   I want this as a full back tattoo but lack the drawing skills

23 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

If you have the tools you can make as straw stamp. Flatten a stainless bolt head and then cut some random lines with a small triangle file like the stamp on the left.

tools4.JPG

I do have the tools and a flexible drimal. The thing is i am dead set on creating them

with brush strokes If making a tool then It would be the same with it.

21 hours ago, Frodo said:

I close my eyes and can see your vision.  peaceful. LOVE Spanish moss hanging from old Oaks

I also have a vision of a moss covered old oak tree in a old cemetery with dilapidated wrot iron fence around it,  Church with a steeple in the back ground. under the tree are leaning head stones with the names of fallen Brothers   I want this as a full back tattoo but lack the drawing skills

I lack drawing skills also. Cut ,paste and trace. I have an oak tree in the front yard that fits the bill. Goes for the pond and I know where there are cattails.

You know i never knew that I would be creating images that draws memories up that are pleasant and personal.

Meadowlark is a favorite.  Distinctive song from solitary bird pearched along the edge of a pasture.

3 minutes ago, Stewart said:

I lack drawing skills also. Cut ,paste and trace. I have an oak tree in the front yard that fits the bill. Goes for the pond and I know where there are cattails.

You know i never knew that I would be creating images that draws memories up that are pleasant and personal.

Only cats with hats can do it.  

51 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Only cats with hats can do it.  

Scooter Stewat P.I.

172243450_4020900997967878_8677194245244653180_n.jpg

On 1/21/2022 at 3:53 AM, Stewart said:

lay down a dark background color first then lay in your grass using different shades of the straw color.

14 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

lay down a dark background color first then lay in your grass using different shades of the straw color.

Thats the way i am doing it.

5 hours ago, TomE said:

Meadowlark is a favorite.  Distinctive song from solitary bird pearched along the edge of a pasture.

They were every all over around here. Lutz,Fla was a grove and diary land. Then around the late 60's development started.

Kids saw money from selling land instead of using it. Fast money Quail are gone also

3 hours ago, Stewart said:

They were every all over around here. Lutz,Fla was a grove and diary land. Then around the late 60's development started.

Kids saw money from selling land instead of using it. Fast money Quail are gone also

There are few quail left in MO as well. Small farms becoming subdivisions. Makes my day when I see a meadowlark. Look forward to seeing your project. 

Well ,it's done. No redo.  "Tractor Hood In Straw".

DSCF4034.JPG

1940s-era-oliver-tractor-hood-detail-with-grunge-texture-overlay-S01F3F.jpg

images (16).jpeg

That came out pretty darn good and yes i do!