Sign in to follow this  
ToddW

computer accessory pouch

I have one of these cheap Chinese accessory pouches made out of nylon and have been wanting to make one out of leather.  This one has elastic straps and mesh pouches.  I am a bit torn whether to replace the elastic straps and mesh pouch out of leather meaning straps and leather where the mesh is but the elastic nature of it lets it stretch to accommodate different cables.  I almost view this like a tool roll but do like the layout of the below pouch.  I am one that hates zippers so will probably use a stap and buckle on the outside.  This is more of a design question.. Has anyone made anything like this or have some thoughts how they would go about it?  somewhat rambling here but just torn on elastic and mesh vs leather on the inside..

Thoughts?

Snip20220119_77.png

Do you like the size of the case?  If so,  you could cut the innards out and just make a leather outer shell.  The thing about elastic is that it will obviously break down over time.  Some lasts a long time, but sometimes not so much.  I'd probably risk it.  If you do end up using a zipper, there are some very nice ones available with polished teeth.  I would invest in the best if this is something you want to be an heirloom quality piece.

Edited by Tugadude

I was going to suggest the same, that is gut it out and reuse what you like with a tooled up cover that you can roll or use a strap and buckle or whatever.  Pretty cool idea.

ok.. advice taken.. I ordered one and will cut out the guts..  will probably order a better zipper

I don't know the zipper sizes at all any idea how you buy it.. I get the length side but don't know the teeth and such...