I'm hoping someone can help me.  I am a bagmaker and graduating to lightweight  leather. I have a new Consew 206RB and have been practicing on faux leather.  When I come to a thick area where seams join or any kind of a hump, the fabric seems to get chewed, and the ridges on the throat plate make an impression on the underside of the faux leather.  Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you

You really can't expect real leather to behave the same as vinyl. Try a real test piece on scrap.

For bags, you want a cylinder arm and sometimes post machine. Flat bed won't cover 100% of operations.

@HNancy - If the impression you're talking about is on the underside of the faux leather, why is that much of a concern?  You probably have a lining to your bag anyway which would hide that.  But you might try reducing the pressure foot pressure, maybe changing the presser foot, using longer stitches.  I have an RB206-5 and have had very little trouble sewing faux leather, but there are lots and lots of different faux leathers with all kinds of different backings as well as uh, "stickiness" of the surface as well as stretch of the surface.

May I ask is that your first industrial machine?  My 206 was my first industrial and I still love it, but I've added a cylinder arm machine to be better able to deal with bag openings, plus a semi-industrial (my term) zig-zag walking foot Sailrite.