bellabychasity

HELP! Need to find V-Belt for my Tacsew T111-155 walking foot with servo motor

If you don't have a sewing machine dealer near you, most auto parts stores should be able to match a belt up. Bring your old belt with you.

3 hours ago, bellabychasity said:

Need to find a replacement belt! 

Option suggestions:

1. Why not make your own belt. I just purchased some 10 meters (32.8 ft) of 6mm diameter Rough Surface Green Polyurethane off Amazon.ca for $28.79 CA ( https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07W5L7NPV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 ) plus tax to make a new drive belt. This will be the main drive belt from a repurposed sewing machine motor a Rex 550 watt servo motor for my new to me Atlas lathe. 

2. Buy couple off Amazon they are cheap, two for $14.99 CA ( https://www.amazon.ca/CKPSMS-White-Industrial-Sewing-Machine/dp/B08CXZBCXZ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3NE9LYGBI4UIM&keywords=56%2Binch%2Bsewing%2Bmachine%2Bdrive%2Bbelt&qid=1642740205&sprefix=56%2Binch%2Bsewing%2Bmachine%2Bdrive%2Bbelt%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-2-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFTSjEzOTRBRFBOMUomZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5MDI5NjkzSFBFUElNN1lYNTdNJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2NDE5ODgzNkpLQTJETjVNS0hYJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1 )

kgg

Auto parts stores might not have a belt of that small a cross section, but any industrial supplier will have one - I use McMaster Carr.

The belt size you need is called a "3L" - Just measure the length of the old one, or around the outside of the pulleys.

When I was in a pinch for a belt, I used an accessory belt from my car, sliced in 2 halves, so from 4x Vs it leaves 2 pieces with 2x Vs on each. Even if slightly cracked after being on the car engine for a few years, they still work fine for sewing machines.

A V belt does not need to be a perfect fit or only 1 specific size. There is quite a bit of adjustment on the servo motor, so a slightly longer or shorter belt will work.

You are looking for a 3/8 belt. Hardware stores normally have 1/2 belts that are too large and stiff. But industrial supply stores have both types.

I get mine at the Stihl dealer down the street from me. They sell chainsaws (obviously), lawnmowers, generators, tools and farm equipment and they stock 3L belts. They always have what I'm looking for

Many thanks for all of your replies! I plan on trying each and every one of them! I LOVE the idea of making my own!!! However, that’s going to be the Grand Finale of my tries! I may need some wine and patience for that!!!