I'm going to apologize in advance if I seem to be all over the place, or piling on the questions!

I'm attempting to use an edge guide for the first time and I am running into wall thick enough to cloud my creative motivation!!

the same leather piece I am using is "hard to glide through" The stitch length is definitely not a 5. The scrap leather piece 1/8" thick. When sewing the walking foot doesn't seem to lift up from the leather as the presser feet land. 

Prior to using an edge guide I was using "traditional style feet", however the presser had teeth and the walking was smooth. 

*Does the feed through issue have something to do with the edge guide having no teeth on the presser nor the walking?

*Do I need to adjust the presser foot height and/or pressure, and if so which one and increase or decrease? 

What is the difference between adjusting the presser foot height and/or pressure and adjusting the presser foot alternate lift mechanism?

And what reason would I have to adjust the feed dog/feed dog angle when sewing leather?

I DO HAVE MORE TO ASK BUT I'M GONNA START HERE!

Below I have listed some details about my machine at this moment!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!!

MACHINE :

Tacsew T111-155 

Servo Motor - FAMILY SERVD MOTOR / MODEL FESM5500 / 110V 

Speed is set @ 1700

Stitch length @ 5

#92 Nylon Bonded Thread (top and bottom)

Needle Size - 110/18

USING 1/8" RIGHT EDGE GUIDE  ( Presser and Walking feet are both smooth)

6 hours ago, bellabychasity said:

I'm attempting to use an edge guide for the first time and I am running into wall thick enough to cloud my creative motivation!!

A short video or a couple of photo's would also help to narrow your problem down. I am going to assume the feet you installed are similar too:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DLM7LMY/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=b31bc0359e2199439acb987303abc3b4&hsa_cr_id=6896265850101&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=5e2bf340-8f69-4fd7-beb4-add8a7c89d2d&pd_rd_w=FiTjG&pd_rd_wg=uH38g&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_2_img )

A couple of good video's for your machine which may answer some of your questions would be:

Pressor foot install: ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o-WTYIKpvw )

Pressor foot tension: ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BdkLXoqu1Y&list=PLR4xEBIfN8Fyf6cjerMhAvwqClVzx8Zbc )

Also as the material being sewn becomes thicker you would need to reduce the tension on the pressor feet.

The needle you are using (110/18) is incorrect for V92 you need to change to at least a  #19 or 20 and in thick/tough materials a # 21 or 22. Are you using a leather needle (135x16 ) or a fabric needle (135x17)?

kgg

Hi KGG! Thanks for getting back to me. I’m going to take a few pics and perhaps a small video (after I walk my dogs) but yes, my edge guide is exactly that! I will let you know know when my pics and video have landed! 

thanks a million!

@kgg

So making the video, and I'm going through all of my settings, making notes, changing settings and making more notes, AND THEN EVERYTHING SETTLED IN BEAUTIFULLY!

The change in needle size kicked off the show, followed by the videos you suggested (one of which was about oiling the machine which confused me, but the video I'm assuming you had in mind was directly beneath that so...MAGIC). I definite needed to play around with the pressure of the feet! 

THANKS A MILLION FOR YOUR DIRECTION!!!

Now I'm compiling a list of questions I have about height adjustments, but on thing at a time! 

Thanks AGAIN!!!