Dwight

WTB: Old Fashioned Purse Stamping Patterns

About 60 years ago . . . I made a purse for a lady for her birthday . . . stamped and all.

IIRC . . . the pattern was leaves, flowers, stems . . . etc. . . . that "Old Fashioned Stuff"

I'm going to start (maybe) back into the custom . . . hand stamped . . . purse market . . . 

I'm looking for those older patterns . . .  not at all thrilled with the skull and crossbones junk being done today . . . 

Any help would be greatly appreciated . . .  including something I saw a number of years back . . . it was a "sort of" pattern pack . . . where you picked which piece you wanted and bent and twisted it to make your own total pattern . . . it was just a bunch of different pieces . . . you picked and chose which ones fit your needs for that job.

Thanks . . . may God bless,

Dwight

I will look through my printed material when I get to my bench. I think I have some old stuff on the shelf.

Many of them from 30, 40, 50 years ago still available.

I remember when some of these were new releases.

https://tandyleather.com/blogs/leathercraft-library/tagged/pattern-pak

Yes, some excellent patterns in the library, all of them free!

Oh, I just saw a new one you may like (not a purse pattern, though!) It's new to me, anyway!

https://tandyleather.com/blogs/leathercraft-library/the-good-shepherd-pattern-2641

Great for a Bible cover!

I have a significant collection of patterns that I have purchased, many not Tandy patterns, for purses and such, dating back to the 1940's, maybe earlier.  Not sure how to show you what I have, but willing to give it a go if you are interested.

YinTx

I have a book by W.C.Double "Design and construction of handbags" in PDF format.