Thescandall

5100 feet leaving marks

I know there is an adjustment somewhere. I bought this machine used and didn’t get a manual with it. I’m sure it’s a simple thing.  
 There is the big screw on top, which way makes the feet have less pressure and for the walking foot in the middle, is there a tension adjustment. 
video would be nice. But!!!

There is only one foot pressure screw on the 441 clones. It affects both feet If the pressure spring is too stiff after backing off the top screw, order a softer spring from any dealer who sells these machines. Our supporting dealers are Leather Machine Company (Cobra), Techsew (Your brand) and Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines (Cowboy). All have banner ads in rotation on top of each page. Reloading the page loads a new set of 6 banners. The cost of a softer or harder pressure action spring is trivial.

8 hours ago, Thescandall said:

I know there is an adjustment somewhere. I bought this machine used and didn’t get a manual with it. I’m sure it’s a simple thing.  
 There is the big screw on top, which way makes the feet have less pressure and for the walking foot in the middle, is there a tension adjustment. 

First undo the lock nut then turn anticlockwise to loosen the pressure. This is the foot pressure adjustment screw to turn - 

DSC02263_resize.JPG

If you want to change to a lower pressure spring just screw it right out while you have the feet down. That makes it easier and when you have the screw out, lift the foot lever and you can then grab the spring out easily.

DSC02264_resize.JPG

This is what the larger and softer springs look like

DSC02265_resize.JPG

As a general rule I like to back off my foot pressure until I can just lift the feet up with my thumbs. If you get it too loose you will see the job start to lift when the needle comes out and you will then get the thread knot showing up on the underside.

Just a tip ...put a couple of drops of oil down into the cup shape part of this screw occasionally to keep the pressure shaft running up and down smoothly.

Thanks for the info.  I did contact Techsew and they sent me a pdf manual for my machine and servo motor. 
 Really helpful folks.  
 I’ll try the adjustments first. 
 I got one of aussies new feed dogs and narrow cover and a left side presser.  I also got 1 of the drop down guides and watched ewu’s video on how to drill and tap for the bracket. 
 I’ll get her set up and stitchen the way I think it should soon. 

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

There is only one foot pressure screw on the 441 clones. It affects both feet If the pressure spring is too stiff after backing off the top screw, order a softer spring from any dealer who sells these machines. Our supporting dealers are Leather Machine Company (Cobra), Techsew (Your brand) and Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines (Cowboy). All have banner ads in rotation on top of each page. Reloading the page loads a new set of 6 banners. The cost of a softer or harder pressure action spring is trivial.

Wiz you were correct when you said the cost was trivial. I just got a low pressure spring just in case 

1 hour ago, Thescandall said:

I also got 1 of the drop down guides and watched ewu’s video on how to drill and tap for the bracket. 

You may or may not be lucky there. Some of the later clones are coming pre drilled for that these days like this Cowboy one as delivered here in OZ.

DSC02752_resize.JPG

@RockyAussie

Thats very handy to know. I've always wondered about that. I was so worried that if I backed  off too much, it would  fly off so fast  and make a hole in my workshop roof.  I got the pressure just right now anyway. My machine came from ' Qstitch' in QLD. They don't supply the clones anymore . 

HS 

20 hours ago, Thescandall said:

one other tip when you tighten the locknut on the foot pressure spring don't make it to tight it can jamb that rod from going up and down so just light pressure on that nut.