ToddW

The Weaver Master Tool Mighty Wonder 4 Ton clicker is out of stock.. Anything like it somewhere else?

Getting all my orders together and noticed the Weaver Master Tool Mighty Wonder 4 Ton clicker is out of stock.  Is there anything like it somewhere else?

This what I used before I purchased the Weaver 4 Ton press.:

https://www.talasonline.com/Nipping-Press?quantity=1&size=12

BTW I bought that Mighty Wonder 4 ton for $999 at the Sheridan Leather Show about 5-years ago. 

And to be honest, the book press, as I calculated with screw pitch and handle length and my hand force, performed almost as well as the 4-ton press, but I need something that was quicker to use and the Weaver press just fits the bill.  Also, the Weaver press has a "over-cam" action that you can set and leave for a long time to get a good embossed image for large images. By "over-cam", I mean, to continue to pull down the handle there is a spot where to pressure begins to lesson.  Leave it at the top of the cam and the handle stays put with maximum pressure indefinitely.

(I purchased my book press in UK for about ($160USD) at a swap meet --SCORE!)

DSC_0001-300x201.jpg

Edited by stelmackr
added picture of my book press

I did look at the book press as well as the shop press which I agree, they work.  I am doing this for speed as well..  

I'm wanting to order a round of equipment so: laser, clicker, sewing machine, embossing..  I have been doing it by hand: cutting, sewing which has been a good experience, but ready to move up to equipment that gets me more consistent and faster.. 

On 1/25/2022 at 11:35 AM, ToddW said:

Getting all my orders together and noticed the Weaver Master Tool Mighty Wonder 4 Ton clicker is out of stock.  Is there anything like it somewhere else?

I just made this video today showing a little demo on the Cowboy 8360 hand operated clicker press which might be worth a look for you. I like it a lot:thumbsup:

On 1/24/2022 at 5:35 PM, ToddW said:

Weaver Master Tool Mighty Wonder 4 Ton clicker is out of stock.

Just checked and it is back in stock for $1,650.00

This is an alternative from Weaver if they still sell it. . I've had three or four of the 4 ton Wonders through here, but this is what I kept and we use. The previous owner replaced the 12 ton hydraulic jack with an air over hydraulic jack. Doesn't take much air to run it. Ms Rundi gets a rhythm going and can click out stuff about as fast as the lever handle 4 ton with less effort. 

DSCN3853.JPG

4 hours ago, stelmackr said:

Just checked and it is back in stock for $1,650.00

For anyone wanting to buy a weaver leather clicker press - or any other machinery from weaver that is OVER $500. 

Get a wholesale account if you're a business.

The clicker press is $1350 wholesale.

https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/wholesale-information

It says "Please note that first time orders must total $500.00 or more (excluding shipping charges) or you may purchase a non-refundable wholesale membership for $200.00 if you prefer to place an order under $500.00. If you have any questions about this application, please call us at 800-932-8371 or 330-674-1782."

- Its easy to do if you have a business EIN or if you're a sole proprietor and use your SNN.

---

Anecdotally I have a friend who is not a business owner - and proceeded to get a wholesale account by claiming they were a SP. That however was not something I have done, nor experienced. I'll let you use your imagination on what he entered to do so. 

Edited by Gulrok