HandyDave

Military Tribute Shockwave Scabbard

I havent posted any projects lately but wanted to share a speacial project i just finished. Its a over the shoulder scabbard for pistol grip shotgun. Specifically the mossberg shockwave. Its a surprise piece for a young man who is 19 and works full time goes to school and is national guardsmen. A good customer told me the story of young man and asked how much for a basic scabbard to give as a gift. So i made a deal with him and told him if he would pay for my basic and allow me free reign on putting a design on it i would go over the top and give the young man something truly unique and badass. I went full on military with design as my way of showing my appreciation for the young man getting this piece and every other man and woman who have served or serving. I hope i can get the pics to upload after all this typing. And hope everyone here enjoys. I look forward to hearing your feed back. 

164333640566550144.jpeg

164333640566550144 (1).jpeg

164333640566550144 (2).jpeg

164333640566550144 (3).jpeg

Great job with it

Thank you sir. I wanted give the young man something way cool and speacial. And its a great show piece for my work that is gonna be seen by tons of other veterans and active duty military.

Very nice work indeed. 

Thanks. I really enjoy the pieces i get to go wild with.

HandyDave, How many hours do you estimate for the carving, rifle and headshot?

I like the design. I in the hunt for a US Army Stamp, not from Tandy, and not from FleeBay for $125.

Joe

1 hour ago, AlamoJoe2002 said:

I like the design. I in the hunt for a US Army Stamp, not from Tandy, and not from FleeBay for $125.

Joe

I don't have their addresses off hand . . . they are on Ebay . . . Chinese / Taiwan . . . they've made a couple brass stamps for me . . . both about an inch and a half long and 3/4 inch high . . . I press them into key fobs . . . they were in the $40 range . . . shipping included . . .  

I did a quick search . . . here is one of them . . . https://www.ebay.com/itm/193035135579?var=493334175204&hash=item2cf1ca6a5b:g:uVsAAOSwwRBcvRdi 

I doubt this is the one who did mine . . . but I got a couple done . . . will probably get more as time goes along . . . they work really great.

Ask this guy if he can make the stamp you want . . . I'd bet he can.

May God bless,

Dwight

9 hours ago, AlamoJoe2002 said:

Joe

If the ebay stamps don't suit your liking, there is a place in Oklahoma who makes custom stamps (if they don't already have the design you are looking for).

https://www.shop.bunkhousetools.com/Embossing-Plates_c4.htm

Thanks Gents! 

Now I need to find a design I like to lift...

On 4/19/2022 at 10:11 PM, AlamoJoe2002 said:

How many hours do you estimate for the carving,

This particular piece had no assigned time frame. But carving and dying and painting on this piece took me around 1 1/2 days. All the carving and design work was on me for this one as my contribution to a young man who is serving his country working full time and taking college classes. My customer who ordered the scabbard for the young man didnt have alot to pay for something but wanted to get the kid something speacial. So i made a deal with him and told him pay me for basic plain scabbard and let me run wild with design as my gift to the kid. As for finding military stamps like pastor bob said bunkhousetools.com has alot of options for military embossing stamps. That must be used with a press since there a poly type material. Ive got a few companies i make items for on a ongoing basis and have used leatherstampmakerusa.com to have some really nice brass stamps made for company logos and such. There in california i beleave little on higher side of price but excellent quality. Send them a pic of design you want and theyll give you free quote. 

HandyDave,

Great info. I'll work on a design and get it manufactured! I'm not up to carving yet....Still learning to punch holes in a straight line.

-Joe