480volt

Bob Douglas Retiring

Lee Douglas has announced that she and Bob are retiring, and that any pending orders will be fulfilled. She also indicated that their associate Herb French might be available to continue production, but I don’t know if details are worked out. Those of you that sat on the fence about trying his superb tools and awl blades… well, that opportunity may be past.

Great people to deal with, the tool quality was unmatched, and it’s sad to see another  domestic supplier hang it up. I wish them all the best.

I had heard this from their daughter at the Pendleton leather show in November. I've bought many of their vintage tool through the years. My go-to head knife and my stitching horse that are used almost every day, came from them.

Bob and Lee have sure helped me out a lot from the early days of my leatherwork up to trading tools. I've missed seeing them at the shows, hopefully at Sheridan this year. 

From their facebook page....  some additional contact information for their tools.

Dear Friends and Customers,
We have been selling our line of "Douglas Tools" as well as our "Vintage Tools" for over 30 years. But it is time for us to retire.
Lee will be contacting those who have existing backorders of our Versa Groovers and tips, as well as Awl Blades.
We appreciate and give credit to our long time machinist Herb French, who has been responsible for the high quality of metal work these many years.
All new orders for our tools should be sent to Herb French, phone 307-737-2412, in the evening.
Our daughter, Sara Hagel will be selling the remainder of our "Vintage Tools". Sara also has many "Vintage" tools for sale. You may contact her at 307-751-8158.
To you, our customers and friends, we send our sincere thanks!
Bob and Lee Douglas