Hags

Chest rig for "The Judge".

Had a return customer ask me to make him another chest rig in "natural" leather with no stain. I built a chest holster (ideas for a better name would be appreciated) for his baby desert eagle in 45 acp. He carries this when he and his wife are out rock houding and is concerned about snakes. Natural doesn't hide a lot of mistakes.. and yes, I like the chest rigs. They pay for a lot of leather and it is a great hobby for a retired guy.

20220128_201816_1.jpg

Looks good my friend . . .  I've made a couple of holsters for "Judges" . . .  almost think I'd rather rassle an alligator or something.

But it looks like  you mastered it well.

May God bless,

Dwight

nice indeed awesome double stitching looks great.

Looks NICE... I'm a big fan of natural leather.

It looks really nice.

Wow! There’s a lot of work in that rig. Looks good.

Most excellent rig.  Stitching is dead on.  I like the color and the angle.  

Another nice chest rig indeed. Allmost everything i make for myself is natural un dyed vegtan. Ive done a couple items for customers left natural. I love the way the natural veg tan grows and ages and takes on its on story as time goes. I wish i could get more natural orders but it seems like browns and blacks is what most of the gun crowd wants.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:33 PM, Hags said:

Had a return customer ask me to make him another chest rig in "natural" leather with no stain. I built a chest holster (ideas for a better name would be appreciated) for his baby desert eagle in 45 acp. He carries this when he and his wife are out rock houding and is concerned about snakes. Natural doesn't hide a lot of mistakes.. and yes, I like the chest rigs. They pay for a lot of leather and it is a great hobby for a retired guy.

20220128_201816_1.jpg

that's a very nice job what size needle and thread the holes look a bit big 

207 and a #23 needle. I'm going to try 277 with the same size needle. According to the chart I'm one under now? I also changed vendors for my thread. I like this thread better as it has a firmer texture, but maybe that makes it just a tad thinner as well? Ths 277 from this vendor may work with a 23, the last thread didn't like it at all.

Edited by Hags
Spelling and content

14 hours ago, Hags said:

207 and a #23 needle. I'm going to try 277 with the same size needle. According to the chart I'm one under now? I also changed vendors for my thread. I like this thread better as it has a firmer texture, but maybe that makes it just a tad thinner as well? Ths 277 from this vendor may work with a 23, the last thread didn't like it at all.

I think the point has a lot to do with it also is that a round point you know it could be just the lighting on the thing and being straight on angle beautiful job on that Hags.

Thank you, and no, it's a leather point.  May be the lighting. Still want to try 277 again.

Edited by Hags

13 hours ago, Hags said:

Thank you, and no, it's a leather point.  May be the lighting. Still want to try 277 again.

I started out using leather point needles  but found them cutting the thread on the back stitch now I use what's called a diamond point I think that's what it's called never had a cut stitch again and it's good for stitching in a grove for the straight line look.