Greetings Folks! just uploaded my recent video unboxing a shipment of AMAZING Italian Leather from District Leather Supply, please feel free to check it out and subscribe if you like this sort of content.Thanks a bunch!!!

https://youtu.be/I_kabHW-Rqs

Are you showing your work or advertising? I do not want to open if its not you work.

I'm sharing my YouTube videos of my leather goods company. 

So your advertising for a leather company NOT INTERESTED :censored2::ranting2:

Thanks!....lol some people....

1 hour ago, Campleathergoods said:

Thanks!....lol some people....

The pot is calling the kettle black.

Shouldn't this be in the marketing and advertising section? 

27 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

Shouldn't this be in the marketing and advertising section? 

I see where you are coming from, the problem is, if I post it there...then someone says...this is more of a discussion page on marketing, (as it says in the description)....maybe you should post in in the "Show off forum". I guess what I am trying to say is someone will always have an opinion. I posted it in "Show off" because the description says "what have you been up to lately...post it here" 

This is what my leather goods company has been up to lately, so I posted it here. I have posted my videos here in the past with positive results. 

59 minutes ago, mike02130 said:

The pot is calling the kettle black.

Dude, what is up with your constant negativity? Is this how you prefer to spend your time? jabbing people to make yourself feel better?

6 minutes ago, Campleathergoods said:

I see where you are coming from, the problem is, if I post it there...then someone says...this is more of a discussion page on marketing, (as it says in the description)....maybe you should post in in the "Show off forum". I guess what I am trying to say is someone will always have an opinion. I posted it in "Show off" because the description says "what have you been up to lately...post it here" 

This is what my leather goods company has been up to lately, so I posted it here. I have posted my videos here in the past with positive results. 

I don't see that you have ever posted in the advertising/marketing section section that anyone would have said anything like that. It appears most think it is advertising. Anyway no big deal to me. Sorry nothing personal but I don't watch any of the videos posted by anyone but I do wish you all the luck in the world.

2 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

I don't see that you have ever posted in the advertising/marketing section section that anyone would have said anything like that. It appears most think it is advertising. Anyway no big deal to me. Sorry nothing personal but I don't watch any of the videos posted by anyone but I do wish you all the luck in the world.

Cheers!

I was saying that I have posted my videos in "Show Off" with positive results. Anywho, I appreciate the kind words, take care!

Dude, what is up with your constant negativity? Is this how you prefer to spend your time? jabbing people to make yourself feel better?

Your Thanks!....lol some people.... comment is what got me started.   I find you arrogant and always pimping yourself and looking for something without offering anything to the forum. 

I watched the video and I didn't think it was advertising for a leather company that he's shilling for;  to me it was more of "I'm excited! Look what I found".  Not sure what the fuss is about, really.  I enjoy this forum because I get lots of great advice, help and encouragement.  If you don't like something or disagree, why be unkind?  There's enough ugliness in this world, already. I just let it roll off my back and say nothing.  If the video belongs somewhere else, the mod should be the one suggesting it be moved (or removed.)  And, (this is my take) If it''s REALLY upsetting you, then maybe you can ask the mods to take a look to decide. 

36 minutes ago, mike02130 said:

Your Thanks!....lol some people.... comment is what got me started.   I find you arrogant and always pimping yourself and looking for something without offering anything to the forum. 

Mike, I'm so sorry that you find me to be an arrogant pimp. It seems like you have had a problem with me from my previous posts as well. I will say this.

I think what you are saying is that you personally haven't felt offered by what I post, in that case, you and anyone are free to move on. You have always made a choice to write on my posts to voice your frustration, a bit odd to me but completely in your right, it just tells me all I need to know about your character, and what kind of business you yourself run.

You see when someone makes an unboxing video, it is intended for the viewer to help them see what they can expect if they so chose to also go through the same business, especially helpful for first time buyers to be put at ease knowing they are putting their money in the right hands. 

Clearly you don't need my videos/posts and to that I say, that's ok, they aren't for you. I hope you are able to find happiness and success. Best of luck with your shop and Instagram channel.....just a piece of advice, you might get more sales and followers if you change your tune a bit...just a suggestion. People respond well to kindness. Give it a shot.

Peace!

Edited by Campleathergoods
typo

Your passive aggressiveness does not become you.  You know nothing of my life, business or my character.  

23 minutes ago, Campleathergoods said:

I hope you are able to find happiness and success. Best of luck with your shop and Instagram channel.....just a piece of advice, you might get more sales and followers if you change your tune a bit...just a suggestion. People respond well to kindness. Give it a shot.

I have much happiness and success.  As far as your advice, I really don't need it.  I don't have a need for more sales or followers.  My 375 IG followers follow me without any hustle or pitch from me.   My sales are fine in different venues and on Etsy, especially for it being my hobby.  I must say that I am flattered that you sought out so much information on me.  

Now, my advice to you, and mine is sincere, I suggest that if you're going to sell yourself here, you may want to also offer some information, help and participation to the forum.  I may be wrong--and correct me if I am-- but so far I've only seen you looking for money, posting your shop and now unboxing videos.  It's all a hustle. 

44 minutes ago, Campleathergoods said:

You see when someone makes an unboxing video, it is intended for the viewer to help them see what they can expect if they so chose to also go through the same business, especially helpful for first time buyers to be put at ease knowing they are putting their money in the right hands. 

If you are so concerned and want educate others, I suggest you post about how to saddle or machine stitch leather, what are the differences and benefits of chrome tan vs veg tan or simply just answer others' questions other than how to get money from GoFundMe or Kickstarter.  You may want to look into posting on Reddit leather forums.  

This will be my last response here.  You are welcome to have the last say.

This got out of control. I accept responsibility for that.  I meant what I said but this is not the place for it, and I apologize to you and the other members for bringing it this far in public.  I will respect your right to post and will not make any future comments.

2 minutes ago, mike02130 said:

Your passive aggressiveness does not become you.  You know nothing of my life, business or my character.  

I have much happiness and success.  As far as your advice, I really don't need it.  I don't have a need for more sales or followers.  My 375 IG followers follow me without any hustle or pitch from me.   My sales are fine in different venues and on Etsy, especially for it being my hobby.  I must say that I am flattered that you sought out so much information on me.  

Now, my advice to you, and mine is sincere, I suggest that if you're going to sell yourself here, you may want to also offer some information, help and participation to the forum.  I may be wrong--and correct me if I am-- but so far I've only seen you looking for money, posting your shop and now unboxing videos.  It's all a hustle. 

If you are so concerned and want educate others, I suggest you post about how to saddle or machine stitch leather, what are the differences and benefits of chrome tan vs veg tan or simply just answer others' questions other than how to get money from GoFundMe or Kickstarter.  You may want to look into posting on Reddit leather forums.  

This will be my last response here.  You are welcome to have the last say.

Oh Mikey, thank you so much for your permission. 

You see, I could throw a rock and hit a dozen unhappy folks just like you. It's really unfortunate but oh so common. You wake up feeling unhappy about how your own life is going so you make a conscious decision to try and bring others down with you. You found me on here making a post trying to promote my brand and share a video and you just couldn't resist. Your fingers took over and you had to project your negativity. Way to think outside the box man. 

Remember just a few short months ago when you jumped on my post stating "maybe if you were a disabled veteran I would consider donating"? and then I corrected you saying that I was in fact a disabled veteran? remember that? good times huh?

My only reason for bringing that up is to show that you have a pattern of just being nasty on here, and making false assumptions especially towards me, so as far as your advice goes...Don't want it, don't need it. Why would I take the advice of someone who lacks the credibility? Another Saddle stitch video...really??? because Youtube doesn't have enough of those.

I personally have never watched any of your videos, but have no issue with them. I don't look at many of the posted videos beyond some of the music links in another thread. But I must say, I have never heard of an "unboxing video".

2 minutes ago, tsunkasapa said:

I personally have never watched any of your videos, but have no issue with them. I don't look at many of the posted videos beyond some of the music links in another thread. But I must say, I have never heard of an "unboxing video".

Hi There tsunkasapa

Unboxing videos have become pretty common I would say in the last 10 years or so, especially on Youtube. The idea is basically anything you could possibly think of, from a new lawnmower,elecronics, shoes....really anything you would consider purchasing, someone records the process of opening it and giving their "first impressions" feedback, then posts it online so the viewer who is most likely considering making the same purchase, can know what they are in store for. 

I chose to do that with my bigger leather purchase from District Leather Supply, so that people could see what the real life view was as opposed to only seeing the pictures online. I can see how some people might find these videos a bit silly, but I myself have found great value in unboxing videos with bigger purchases I have made.

Youtube pretty much said it all. Not anything I participate in. But then, I don't watch much of any kind of videos. I would much rather read a news article than watch the video that goes with it.

15 minutes ago, tsunkasapa said:

Youtube pretty much said it all. Not anything I participate in. But then, I don't watch much of any kind of videos. I would much rather read a news article than watch the video that goes with it.

Fair enough.

I don't really see the problem here. Campleathergoods show what leather he did order from Districtleathersupply. I would say it's useful information. 

I often see people ask for good sources of leather, so good value for someone to see what you get when you order from in this example Districtleathersupply, and it opens up for discussion.

I have never ordered anything from them since I live in Europe, but even though prices are quite high (here in Europe also when you buy smaller panels and with splitting) I wish we had more options here in Europe when it comes to buy smaller amounts and get it split, it's worth paying a higher price for in my opinion.

But an interesting question for those who see this as advertising. I recently made a post where I talked about Ksblades edge paint applicator, was it advertisement?

If I would tell someone to not buy a Regad Filetuse in US (because they are crazy overpriced) and instead buy from Mando in France, would it be advertisement for Mando?

If I buy a leather machine and make a Youtube clip and show people here how the machine looks and what you get, is it advertisement or can it be useful for someone?