ToddW

What other sewing machines are like the Cobra class 26?

The Cobras are back ordered.. What other machines are like the Class 26?  I had thought they were all somewhat copies of the Juki or something.  Cowboy, Consew, Teksew, etc..  Anyway, I think the Class 26 is going to be my first machine but since its backordered, looking for something that is close to it..

Todd

It is a clone of the Juki LS-1341. Cowboy offers one just like it that has the designations CB6900 or CB1341, depending on which continent you are buying from. These machines are a slight step up from the older Juki LS-341 and Cowboy CB341. You can get the actual differences and price from our Cowboy USA dealer, Bob Kovar, owner of Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. Last time I spoke to him he had a CB-1341 (aka: 6900) in the warehouse.

I thought the Cobra Class 26 was also a clone of the LS-341.

In addition to the Cobra Class 26 and Cowboy CB 341, Techsew also offers an  LS-341clone as the 2750.

Edited by Arturomex

Tod, if you want one and Bob's got it I'd grab it if I were you! Many goods are going to be on back-order for a long time to come due to shipping issues, both local and overseas. There is also a world-wide shortage of containers, which of course are a vital necessity for overseas shipping. If you want something (anything), it's currently available and you can afford it then get it while you can.

email sent to Bob..  I had mentally gotten sold on the Cobra so reading up on the cowboy..

Edited by ToddW

"

"Our last shipment of the CB341's sold out & the next shipment won't arrive until approx the end of March". From Bob...

Trying to spend some money but finding it difficult.  I wanted the GlowForge and was talked out of it towards a Chinese Laser.. The options there are huge and find myself buying bigger and bigger and struggling to find the right model for me.  I wanted a Sewing machine and they seem to be all sold out.  Crazy..  I'll get there..

Edited by ToddW

1 hour ago, ToddW said:

"

"Our last shipment of the CB341's sold out & the next shipment won't arrive until approx the end of March". From Bob...

Trying to spend some money but finding it difficult.  I wanted the GlowForge and was talked out of it towards a Chinese Laser.. The options there are huge and find myself buying bigger and bigger and struggling to find the right model for me.  I wanted a Sewing machine and they seem to be all sold out.  Crazy..  I'll get there..

Todd where are you located? Have a Techsew 2750 Pro, 2 years old sews just fine. I may be willing to part with it.  ( Have a Cobra Class 4 and a laser cutter ). I found that the techsew 2750 ended up being too light duty as we're consistently stitching with 277.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:29 AM, Wizcrafts said:

It is a clone of the Juki LS-1341. Cowboy offers one just like it that has the designations CB6900 or CB1341, depending on which continent you are buying from. These machines are a slight step up from the older Juki LS-341 and Cowboy CB341. You can get the actual differences and price from our Cowboy USA dealer, Bob Kovar, owner of Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. Last time I spoke to him he had a CB-1341 (aka: 6900) in the warehouse.

7 hours ago, ToddW said:

"

Just an observation....the CB-341 and the CB-1341 (aka:CB- 6900) may look similar but are really quite different. If you want to see one in action I have a few on my y tube Channel like this one -

They have a square drive needle movement and therefore do not alter the length of stitch much going from thick to thin and are better at reverse for the same reason. The handle are larger thread more easily (double tension discs) and have a control knob on top for adjusting if you are doing large thickness changes on the run. I see your looking at production in future so also take into account that these are mostly self oiling as well.Double check back with Bob if he has one of these in stock as I believe they may suit you better. (Bigger bobbin too I believe):thumbsup:

I did talk to Bob as recommended and the one I was looking at had the bigger bobbin which is what I was looking for as I do sew computer bags as well and like the bigger bobbin.

9 hours ago, ToddW said:

I am in the Dallas / Fort Worth area in Texas..

Ahh - I'm out here in NJ. Probably won't be able to help. 

Picked up my Cobra 26 from KC at Traditions Leathercraft in OK.  Special call out to Allen Cope for giving me the lead on the machine as it was much appreciated.  Allen was at the shop when I got there so got to meet someone from the site!! 

KC was great to work with and his shop is amzing.  It was a 3 hour trip there and 3 hours home but was worth it saving the shipping.  Now on to all the COBRA videos on youtube and facebook.  Going to have plenty to keep me busy for awhile.

Todd

Edited by ToddW