hickok55

ChahinLeather samples uk

does anyone have any ChahinLeather samples at they could send to me. i'm in the uk

Edited by hickok55

9 minutes ago, hickok55 said:

does anyone have any ChahinLeather samples at they could send to me. i'm in the uk

This may be a silly idea, but why don't you contact them directly and ask for samples?  http://www.chahinleather.com They do say they sell all over the world.

2 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

This may be a silly idea, but why don't you contact them directly and ask for samples?  http://www.chahinleather.com They do say they sell all over the world.

i'll try that but the only problem there may be the shipping =D

Just curious why you want leather from this company, i am assuming you are in the UK? Are there no tanneries or leather merchants in the UK that may have something you can use. Or is it a particular leather they have that no one else has. 

Edited by jcuk

8 minutes ago, jcuk said:

Just curious why you want leather from this company, i am assuming you are in the UK? Are there no tanneries or leather merchants in the UK that may have something you can use. Or is it a particular leather they have that no one else has. 

it's not at no one in the uk has leather like what they sell its the price that's better in america

1 hour ago, hickok55 said:

it's not at no one in the uk has leather like what they sell its the price that's better in america

With shipping and import duties on top, where i can i support UK based suppliers first after that European, North America, Australia and New Zealand. And if none of them have what i need i probably have to begrudgingly go to you know where. 

4 hours ago, hickok55 said:

It will cost you far more than the price they show. Shipping, customs, any taxes added. AND, if there is a problem with what you receive, there is all the hassle and cost of returning it. You are far ahead to shop as close to home as possible. And for the record, that company is in Mexico, not 'America'.

Edited by tsunkasapa

Does anyone know where you can find good quality affordable top grain brown 4 to 5 oz veg tanned leather sides in the uk

Edited by hickok55

What part of the UK are you in / happy to travel to?

13 minutes ago, HaloJones said:

What part of the UK are you in / happy to travel to?

traveling isn't that easy

Edited by hickok55

In which case I would call JT Batchelor in London, the don’t have a web site as such but they are really helpful chaps, a massive range in all prices

i saw some nice brown veg tan when I was last there in lots of weights 

tel 02072542962

He are some places that may have what your looking for the first two i use a lot and cant really say i have been disappointed with what they send. Not sure about your budget, i know Abbey are going to raise their prices soon to view their prices you will have to create an account they don't hassle you. Metropolitan are good to deal with too very good if it is possible to go in person.

https://www.abbeyengland.com

https://www.metropolitanleather.com

http://www.leprevo.co.uk  Have used them for some things but never had any leather from them but prices seem good and have some decent looking deals in clearance.

https://www.aacrack.co.uk Never used them but look like they have some nice leathers but something tells me won't be cheap.

https://pittards.com Never used these but i have used Pittards leather sourced from Abbey nice leather.

Other may have other places they can recommend and yes JT Batchelor Halo Jones has said are a great place to get leather from and other supplies from well worth a visit if you can. 

Hope this helps

JCUK 

has anyone bought from the hide house internationally

Bakers in Colyton Devon, I also use Cracks, Metropolitan  and Abbey (Sedgwicks)

Sorry forgot Midgley in Cheddar 

12 minutes ago, fivewayswelshcobs said:

Bakers in Colyton Devon, I also use Cracks, Metropolitan  and Abbey (Sedgwicks)

bakers would be my first choice but they too expensive right now

1 hour ago, hickok55 said:

bakers would be my first choice but they too expensive right now

You absolutely WILL NOT save any money buying internationally. Look at the thread 'First Leather Hand-Stitching Needles?' $30 dollars to ship a pack of NEEDLES from Colorado to Canada!!! 

17 minutes ago, tsunkasapa said:

You absolutely WILL NOT save any money buying internationally.

au contraire; last December I saved about £300 on buying a stock of leather from the US rather than the UK

1 hour ago, tsunkasapa said:

You absolutely WILL NOT save any money buying internationally. Look at the thread 'First Leather Hand-Stitching Needles?' $30 dollars to ship a pack of NEEDLES from Colorado to Canada!!! 

it's about £200 for a veg tanned dyed side in the UK. in the US it's £88 as long as the shipping is less an 112 i save money

Edited by hickok55

You still have to figure in import duties and anything else your Govt adds.

14 minutes ago, tsunkasapa said:

You still have to figure in import duties and anything else your Govt adds.

Yeah that's true 

My State adds sales tax to not only the price of the item, but taxes shipping and handling as well. I order from out of state when I can. If you haven't looked at them, three suppliers I like are;

Maverick Leather Company – Your Leather Supplier     They say they ship worldwide

Montana Leather Company - The Best Online Leather Store      

International Customers: International orders will be shipped via USPS, unless an alternate method is requested. Orders will be processed on the day of shipment with confirmation of the shipping charges.

International customers will be responsible for duties & taxes based on your individual country. And for Canadian customers, note that ground brokerage is not included.

Oregon Leather Co. – Portland and Eugene's premier leathercraft and leather supply store.    Good people, good products. But I have no idea of their Intl shipping, I generally go into the store when I'm down to Portland.

12 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

My State adds sales tax to not only the price of the item, but taxes shipping and handling as well. I order from out of state when I can. If you haven't looked at them, three suppliers I like are;

Maverick Leather Company – Your Leather Supplier     They say they ship worldwide

Montana Leather Company - The Best Online Leather Store      

International Customers: International orders will be shipped via USPS, unless an alternate method is requested. Orders will be processed on the day of shipment with confirmation of the shipping charges.

International customers will be responsible for duties & taxes based on your individual country. And for Canadian customers, note that ground brokerage is not included.

Oregon Leather Co. – Portland and Eugene's premier leathercraft and leather supply store.    Good people, good products. But I have no idea of their Intl shipping, I generally go into the store when I'm down to Portland.

maverick leather company aren't shipping to the uk at the moment but montana leather company might be an option.

Edited by hickok55

16 hours ago, hickok55 said:

$30 dollars to ship a pack of NEEDLES from Colorado to Canada!!! 

Yes, the shipping cost between the US and Canada has become bizarely obscene.

All while the same item ships from China to Canada for free.

Repeat after me several times: it has nothing to do with Chicoms bribing our postal officials into ruining our small businesses.

But if you looked for crazy-expensive shipping, check out Italy to Canada!

18 hours ago, fredk said:

au contraire; last December I saved about £300 on buying a stock of leather from the US rather than the UK

Was that because of the stupid mainland to NL border checks, if so hopefully that maybe resolved with recent events, interesting times a foot at the moment me thinks to keep an eye on.

34 minutes ago, DrmCa said:

Yes, the shipping cost between the US and Canada has become bizarely obscene.

All while the same item ships from China to Canada for free.

Repeat after me several times: it has nothing to do with Chicoms bribing our postal officials into ruining our small businesses.

But if you looked for crazy-expensive shipping, check out Italy to Canada!

Thats why i suggested to get something closer to home because the leather merchants have already imported it for you yes they may charge a bit for that, hell Tandy ripped people off for years this side of the pond when they had shops charging Pound and dollar like for like here, did nobody think to buy off Tandy USA of course they did but import duties, shipping put paid to that me thinks. 

26 minutes ago, jcuk said:

Was that because of the stupid mainland to NL border checks, if so hopefully that maybe resolved with recent events, interesting times a foot at the moment me thinks to keep an eye on.

Essentially yes,, its not getting better but actually worse right now