Made this one today.  I can see I need more work on my basket weaving and edging.  It holds the gun firmly without having to use a tension screw and feels pretty good on my belt.

I'm open to all comments and suggestions.

02042022 Holster.jpg

15 hours ago, AzShooter said:

Made this one today.  I can see I need more work on my basket weaving and edging.  It holds the gun firmly without having to use a tension screw and feels pretty good on my belt.

I'm open to all comments and suggestions.

02042022 Holster.jpg

very cool !! my only suggestion is you should have made your initials blue like the grips.  I always wanted to try that competitive shooting, But with my 45/70 at 1000 lol.

Thanks. 

I have a set of red grips as well.  

45/70 at 1000 is a real challenge.  Most I fired mine was 500 for Black Powder Shilhouette shooting.  Really miss those days.

Thanks.  

Looks pretty good to me! 

It does raise a bunch of questions, however.

How do you get the inside of the stampings darker than the rest of the leather without having any bleeding issues?

How does it retain the pistol?

Darkened using tan antique.  Let it sit for 10 minutes and then wipe it off and put resolene on the holster.

Here's a pic with gun in the holster.  The botton 2 inches of the holster are molded to the end of the barrel and compensator giving plenty of retention.  I can turn the holster upside down and shake it and the gun will not fall out.

Rear View.jpg

TopVoew.jpg

The pics explain it better than words. Thanks.

I think I’ll pick up a bottle of that antique finish and give it a try sometime. I like the look.