I enjoy making all of my own tools,  jigs, and sewing machine attachments. Especially the ones where I have been told that "its not possible".Heh heh. Here's a couple pics of one of the folders I made for my two needle post bed. It's to make bag strap's out of the same material the bags are made of, so the leather matches. Friends, you can do anything you put your mind to with enough patience and perseverance.

IMG_8489 2.jpg

IMG_8490 2.jpg

IMG_8492.jpg

Bag strap.HEIC

Edited by Ozarksleathersmith
Misspelled word

Darn right friend!! Awesome little gadget you made I'll bet it pays for itself and the time making it many times over.

Cool!

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Darn right friend!! Awesome little gadget you made I'll bet it pays for itself and the time making it many times over.

You betcha Chuck. I have sold about 42 carry bags. Some leather ,some Cordura, some canvas. Works equally well on all types of material. The invention came out of necessity, which was a way to make the Carrie strap Match the bag material exactly. Works great for rifle slings t 

IMG_8493.jpg

IMG_5857.heic

3 hours ago, Matt S said:

I love that folder @Ozarksleathersmith! Looks great. Do the two layers overlap each other at all, or do they just butt up?

IMG_8493.jpg.72fc235d334a8548e2daa6df95364c8a.jpgThey overlap each other 1 inch, and that is adjustable here's a picture of the backside

3 hours ago, jrdunn said:

Cool!

Yup it's cool and a lot of fun jrdunn. I make all of my tools, jigs, and sewing machine attachments.I encourage everybody to try to think outside  the box and don't just buy something to do your leather work with. even the smallest handmade tool could turn out to be the best.

I quite like that  :) I'd like to get myself a post bed, and one other, but I already  have 4 machines and theres no space left.  

HS

10 hours ago, Handstitched said:

I quite like that  :) I'd like to get myself a post bed, and one other, but I already  have 4 machines and theres no space left.  

HS

I know what you mean hand stitched. But you can put a folder on just about any sewing machine. They work well on flatbeds and cylinder beds too. Youcan make your own or buy one on eBay they’re listed by the hundreds. I make mine out of THIN  aluminum sheet metal I buy at Lowe’s. I make the folder first, then I make the mounting bracket to fit the machine. Then epoxy the folder on the bracket in the right position While it’s on the machine. Put a piece of leather heavier to what you’re gonna use in the sheet-metal and then just fold the sheet melt to fit the leather. Give it a try. You can make a pretty good folder for under 10 bucks.

I really like using darker handles and straps out of bridle to create a two-tone effect for my bags, but yeah that's a great solution if you want to keep everything same colour.  Well done! 

1 hour ago, Spyros said:

I really like using darker handles and straps out of bridle to create a two-tone effect for my bags, but yeah that's a great solution if you want to keep everything same colour.  Well done! 

I don't make everything the same color. I make things of all colors of leather and I also use exotic animal skins such as python, rattlesnake, cobra water lizard and others. I just wanted to share some fun about folders and this single color was what I had available to post a picture of. I also make items out of cordura and canvas. And I also incorporate hot stamping of different colors. How about you show us some of your work so we can see what you're all about.

Blue bag.jpg1793708168_2021-12-2716_32_30.jpg.fc920bda02f9e9385afd2aead010e7bf.jpg

Cordura camo carry case.jpg

Belt with oak leaves and acorns brown one.JPG

Biscuit holster lineup.jpg

Messenger bag brown with gator.JPG

Slant saddlebag 3.JPG

Edited by Ozarksleathersmith
And a picture and correct spelling.

20 minutes ago, Ozarksleathersmith said:

I don't make everything the same color. I make things of all colors of leather and I also use exotic animal skins such as python, rattlesnake, cobra water lizard and others. I just wanted to share some fun about folders and this single color was what I had available to post a picture of. I also make items out of cordura and canvas. And I also incorporate hot stamping of different colors. How about you show us some of your work so we can see what you're all about.

Geez you reminded me I have to start taking photos of the stuff I make, I keep forgetting...  but here's a couple that I posted here before.

You also reminded me I'm interested in mixing other materials with leather, I'm currently waiting for some canvas, and some Harris tweed from Scotland :)