ToddW

limited space - has anyone built a table with servo motor where you can change out device

I am looking at sewing machine, bell skiver, leather splitter..  Looks like all use a table with a servo motor.  Is it possible..or has anyone.. built a table that lets you interexchange semi quickly machines.  I think they all are different sizes and not sure if motor is on different sides, but looking for a way to better manage space.  I could put the bell skiver and splitter on a shelf and mount it when needed.  Crazy thought or doable?

9 minutes ago, ToddW said:

I am looking at sewing machine, bell skiver, leather splitter..  Looks like all use a table with a servo motor.  Is it possible..or has anyone.. built a table that lets you interexchange semi quickly machines.  I think they all are different sizes and not sure if motor is on different sides, but looking for a way to better manage space.  I could put the bell skiver and splitter on a shelf and mount it when needed.  Crazy thought or doable?

I mean - technically you could do this solution with enough engineering behind it. The heads are heavy - so theres a huge challenge.

Honestly, you're just overcomplicating and engineering a solution where there isn't really a problem. The time to swap between them would be annoying and frustrating. You'd have weird holes and gaps in your table which may or may not affect mounting.

I would just avoid it. You're better off investing in a bigger space if needed.

I agree..  just trying to put off building a shop as long as I can.  I am in a spare bedroom that worked when doing sewing and cutting by hand.  Moving to a sewing machine, bell skiver, splitter and a laser, I quickly ran out of space and have started to take over our guest bedroom which my wife absolutely gives me grief about.  I have a pretty large photo/light booth I think I am going to have to re-engineer to have it where I can take it down and put it up.  I has a table top with light defusing material all around it.  I think that is going to be my first move. 

this is kinda what gave me the idea.. For grinders, polishers, saws etc.. I saw a guy mount one of these on his bench

image.thumb.png.be1b5063d9b7c8e4d6e0b85564cc6a85.png

and each tool had one of these mounted under it..

image.png.c7e81da9d4be81379896a6be0650161e.png

Allowing him to pull each device out and move it instead of taking up a bench..  Won't work here, but let me to the question.  Anyway..Thanks for the response!

image.png

Edited by ToddW

47 minutes ago, ToddW said:

Is it possible..or has anyone.. built a table that lets you interexchange semi quickly machines. 

I haven't see one but most things are possible. Since you are planning on building a work shop I wouldn't bother. I figure you can either build a workshop a little sooner or if you keep irritating the wife, a doghouse.

kgg

Todd

I have a JUKI LU563 walking foot using a servo motor for most work, until recently (New to me Pfaff 335 H3)

I am currently looking at a drop-in plate that will accommodate my 3/4 size singer 20U with zig zag... one less table and motor required.

the singer will be used for joining sections of leather together or decorative stitches on some of my baseball glove wallets

I also have a full size table for a Pfaff 335 H3 but I also just bout an old singer patcher 29K171.. i can mount either one of the cylinder arm machines on that new small table, front left corner (4 bolt holes).. I am waiting for things to warm up and ill move the table into  my sewing room

The table behind the small one is for my Pfaff 335 H3.. I may swap out its base for the base on my juki.. my juki base is a little rough

below is someone else's clone of the singer 20U in a regular industrial table

9706BA53-ABD2-467A-A5D4-E90F9611CF87.jpeg.237097274a49ce543d7c42628ff0565a.jpeg

C31E61E6-1CA7-4EA0-AA31-65F61107FAA0.thumb.jpeg.842ad42da63906b59b477306d86300a2.jpeg

below is someone else's clone (relsew) of the singer 20U in a regular industrial table. I want to make a plate that sit in the original opening and allow the "other machine" to use the same table and motor, maybe different belt. my time i have my 4x8 work table plus a full size table and the half size table... my room is full

image.png.f221451b91510dbef57363f0e040fcad.png

Edited by TheMortgageGuy

Put them on smaller tables or cut the tables. It's not hard to do and with most K-legs you can get a hold of shorter rear brackets and treadle braces. Also you can put casters on them too, so you can move them around etc. That's what I was able to do.