YPenguins37

Cowboy Holster

Here was my first attempt a western style piece with some stamping a bit of tooling.  It was made out of some leftover saddle skirting from a past project and lined with 3 oz veg tanned. 

F9423835-1617-4FFB-A5D7-3DF40CC95E3F.jpeg

9F549BF1-19C2-498E-B841-E5BF46FBD0D0.jpeg

C004C087-068F-4187-B4B2-02A14290836C.jpeg

7EEEC310-E70F-472F-B05B-CAC6B19CD984.jpeg

Edited by YPenguins37

that is a nice piece alright. good looking tooling.

Good job penguin . . . 

Now all you gotta do is make the belt to go with it . . . what is the dye color you used??  It . . . on my screen . . . looks like Feibings British Tan . . . but I just wondered.

May God bless,

Dwight

Looks awesome.  I bought a few rigs from Classic Old West Styles in El Paso a few years back and your holster looks as good or better.

Looks like a SOLID holster :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Dwight said:

Good job penguin . . . 

Now all you gotta do is make the belt to go with it . . . what is the dye color you used??  It . . . on my screen . . . looks like Feibings British Tan . . . but I just wondered.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks!   Fiebing’s light brown dye.   

The matching belt is the next piece on the agenda.  

Very nice! Just like on all those westerns I grew up on.

Nice work my friend 

Very well done!

On 2/9/2022 at 10:55 AM, tsunkasapa said:

Very nice! Just like on all those westerns I grew up on.

No kidding! You put a Fanner 50 and a roll of caps in that baby and I'm ready to go!

Yeah, I know who Hopalong Cassidy is. It's that bad. But my fave cowboy hat wearer was Sky King! Because, "out of the blue of the Western Sky". Guns, and airplanes, that's me.

1 hour ago, alpha2 said:

No kidding! You put a Fanner 50 and a roll of caps in that baby and I'm ready to go!

Yeah, I know who Hopalong Cassidy is. It's that bad. But my fave cowboy hat wearer was Sky King! Because, "out of the blue of the Western Sky". Guns, and airplanes, that's me.

The best part of Sky King was Penny! :cowgirl:

1 hour ago, alpha2 said:

hey now i still have my fanner but it wont pop caps anymore lol. I do need to make a new holster. Festus Hagen the greatest cowboy ever lived!! Now doncha see.

Edited by chuck123wapati

14 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

The best part of Sky King was Penny! :cowgirl:

I knew someone would say that, but I'd forgotten all about Penny, as girls weren't that important to me at that age. It changed later, she must have been in my subconscious though, as my first girlfriends name was Penny. She'd be about 70 now. Kinda having a hard time picturing that. (Not that she'd recognize me!)

1 hour ago, alpha2 said:

I knew someone would say that, but I'd forgotten all about Penny, as girls weren't that important to me at that age. It changed later, she must have been in my subconscious though, as my first girlfriends name was Penny. She'd be about 70 now. Kinda having a hard time picturing that. (Not that she'd recognize me!)

Penny'd be 90 now, not 70. Sadly, Gloria Winters passed away in 2010.

I was talking about my ex-girlfriend, not the cowgirl of the skies. So much old anymore!

Great Show Sky King

Great looking holster.  Tooling and basket weave are spot on and I like that color as well.