TheMortgageGuy

Pfaff 335 H3, presser foot lift, knife system removal

Hello Leather Crafters.  this may be long-winded.. I cant seem to find topics to answer my questions on the presser foot lift and the Knife removal 

NOTE: sorry -i did not realize the names of the photos would not show up with the photo

a few weeks ago I posted about my needle bar issue. I received the new needle bar rocker and have the machine put back together and I have more questions.

My machine was used for binding pics attached for the binding setup (binder 1,2,3) does anyone want to buy this? binder

So lets start with image 12 and image 11 :  On image 11 you can see a double set of arms. the tall T arm in the back seems have been(previously) connected to a solenoid to release pressure on the thread tensioner.. NO matter if this is pulled from the skinny cable going down through the base or the manual foot lift is used, there is nothing to push the pin in and release the pressure on the front tensioner.   Image 10 shows the pin and metal slider,  The slider does not really even touch the pin when the manula foot lift or the T-arm is moved.. maybe something is missing

On image 12, the long arm (outside arm)pivots on the center (pivot point) and has an adjustable arm(black skinny shaft) that lifts up on the tension release mechanism but does nothing to lift the presser foot.

in image 11 you can see the black metal bracket that was bolted to the (Long foot lifter arm) and had a solenoid attached to the back of the machine(covering the round hole so when the solenoid was activated, it pushed down the arm to lift the foot...I think.. but there is nothing on the presser foot side that would lift the linkage for the presser foot

image 9 shows the solenoid that was inside the head (round hole area)

under the arm of the machine is the solenoid that was on the back cover over the round hole.. The body of the solenoid was attached to the cover plate and when activated would push down to activate the long arm and I believe there should have been something else connected to lift the presser foot up

=================================

second set of pics are the Knife assembly at the Rotary hook area and under the base (Black brackets inside in pics  (0,1,2,6,7,8)

has anyone removed the knife assembly from a machine? how do you do it..

=========================================

lastly:

image12.jpeg

image11.jpeg

image10.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Binder 1.jpeg

Binder 2.jpeg

Binder 3.jpeg

Edited by TheMortgageGuy

On 2/9/2022 at 4:03 PM, TheMortgageGuy said:

Hello Leather Crafters.  this may be long-winded.. I cant seem to find topics to answer my questions on the presser foot lift and the Knife removal 

NOTE: sorry -i did not realize the names of the photos would not show up with the photo

a few weeks ago I posted about my needle bar issue. I received the new needle bar rocker and have the machine put back together and I have more questions.

My machine was used for binding pics attached for the binding setup (binder 1,2,3) does anyone want to buy this? binder

So lets start with image 12 and image 11 :  On image 11 you can see a double set of arms. the tall T arm in the back seems have been(previously) connected to a solenoid to release pressure on the thread tensioner.. NO matter if this is pulled from the skinny cable going down through the base or the manual foot lift is used, there is nothing to push the pin in and release the pressure on the front tensioner.   Image 10 shows the pin and metal slider,  The slider does not really even touch the pin when the manula foot lift or the T-arm is moved.. maybe something is missing

On image 12, the long arm (outside arm)pivots on the center (pivot point) and has an adjustable arm(black skinny shaft) that lifts up on the tension release mechanism but does nothing to lift the presser foot.

in image 11 you can see the black metal bracket that was bolted to the (Long foot lifter arm) and had a solenoid attached to the back of the machine(covering the round hole so when the solenoid was activated, it pushed down the arm to lift the foot...I think.. but there is nothing on the presser foot side that would lift the linkage for the presser foot

image 9 shows the solenoid that was inside the head (round hole area)

under the arm of the machine is the solenoid that was on the back cover over the round hole.. The body of the solenoid was attached to the cover plate and when activated would push down to activate the long arm and I believe there should have been something else connected to lift the presser foot up

=================================

second set of pics are the Knife assembly at the Rotary hook area and under the base (Black brackets inside in pics  (0,1,2,6,7,8)

has anyone removed the knife assembly from a machine? how do you do it..

=========================================

lastly:

image12.jpeg

image11.jpeg

image10.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Binder 1.jpeg

Binder 2.jpeg

Binder 3.jpeg

my lifter assembly from the efka variostop system AIR operated lifter vs the factory lifter on the 335 shown below

i am trying to find a way to convert what I have to actually lift the presser foot assembly. my "lifter arm" that should be connected to a wire or chain is different that the Original 335 arm (145/545 arm)

I also seem to be missing the bracket that would screw on the back and have a horizontal pin allowing the arm to catch the pin and lift the foot up..

the original Pfaff 335 arm and bracket shown in the pic that has the word "MOUNT"

Inkedimage12_LI 2.jpg

335 presser lift arm.JPG