Colt Hammerless

W.Rose Knife With Double Stamp

Had this little guy for a while, but have never posted pics.  It's a really nice little William Rose knife that got a double stamp of their mark.  What I find more interesting than the fact it got double stamped,  is they're two different styles of stamp:

P1190554-M.jpg

P1140273-M.jpg

P1140275-M.jpg

P1190559-M.jpg

That's a cool little knife!

I double that comment.  :)   Seriously, I like how small it is.  Must be easy to use and control. 

Nice little knife!  I wonder what the odds would be of an owner named Rose stamping his own mark on top of the manufacturers mark? 

God bless

5 hours ago, MikeRock said:

Nice little knife!  I wonder what the odds would be of an owner named Rose stamping his own mark on top of the manufacturers mark? 

God bless

Slim to none. And Slim just left town.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:23 PM, MikeRock said:

God bless

Probably not in this case, as the "Rose Phila" (short for Philadelphia) marking and "W.Rose" marking are both common for them (plus the Rose, and Phila are the same font and depth.)  Plus the "W.Rose" marking is stamped over the "Rose Phila" marking.

Yeah, it's a neat size for sure.  I probably don't use it as much as I should.  It's fairly good for curves, but most of my patterns have at least one really tight curve, so I tend to use other, more pointy head knives instead.  But it's a really smooth cutter, so I decided to use it on the last few projects.  It was when doing that, I realized I'd probably never shown any pics of it on here, and figured some might like to see it.  Kind of like having a desirable baseball card with an error :)

Paul

Edited by Colt Hammerless
spelling