chrisash

Are leather sewing machine makers lazy

15 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

so whats you point? You have proven you don't really need a video , 24 /7 backup, instant service and training  if you know what you are doing. Plus you almost bought something and almost knew how well the service was? but they didn't really have a dealer in you whole country to go to for service even for a hundreds of thousands of dollar machine.

You said to me "Buy a professional/industrial grade wood lathe or any other professional/industrial grade machine of any sort and see what you get for service, training or instructions."  And I said my friend the cabinet maker did, and got a lot of service, training and instructions.  And monitoring, and 24/7 support.  

The lathe I made is only good for wooden handles and pens, which is what I made it for.  It's primitive, a toy. 

I'd never pay any kind of serious money for a machine without proper support.

Edited by Spyros

The reality of the matter is there is so much information available for these machines with these forums, youtube videos by al-bane and others, along with facebook groups. 

Tips and Tricks with Cobra Class Leather Working Equipment | Facebook
Leather Machine Co Inc - YouTube
Techsew Industrial Sewing Machines - YouTube
HighTex Heavy sewing technology - YouTube (Cowboy)

There isn't a big need for the distributors to produce lengthy videos as at this point theres so much information out there. You can get on the phone and get support quickly.  I'm sure there are distributors/manufactures out there who provide a higher level of service, but you're paying for it. 

I own a laser cutter that costs 5-10x what these sewing machines cost. I get more support with my sewing machine than a laser cutter company so busy with orders and other customers that if there WAS an issue I would be out of production for days. If there is an issue I'm better off purchasing replacement parts myself than warranty a piece because of the time that it takes. Its an industrial machine. I could have spent another $10,000 to get someone to answer the phone faster, but I'm a crafty person and can diagnose and address issues.

We just spent approximately 40,000$ on 2 Melco embroidery machines. Melco is flying people out to have a training session at our family business location. Melco has some of the support out there in the embroidery world, but you pay for it. 

Edited by Gulrok