Started another one. I used Rockyaussie,s narrow plate and dog and it’s just a great improvement. 
 10oz veg tanned with 4-5 oz liner. Neetsfoot oil and tankote. 
 I’m working on the look for the gunbelt now. 
 1957 ruger single six flattop with bighorn sheep grips. 

C68C60EE-D222-4323-9572-FB6957E9071A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Thescandall said:

I used Rockyaussie,s narrow plate and dog and it’s just a great improvement. 

Hi,   what is the RockyAussie narrow plate and dog?

Hope this works. 

44 minutes ago, Thescandall said:

Started another one. I used Rockyaussie,s narrow plate and dog and it’s just a great improvement. 
 10oz veg tanned with 4-5 oz liner. Neetsfoot oil and tankote. 
 I’m working on the look for the gunbelt now. 
 1957 ruger single six flattop with bighorn sheep grips. 

C68C60EE-D222-4323-9572-FB6957E9071A.jpeg

very nice work!

Looks good for a quick draw I reckon.:gun: Why have you used the rivets may I ask?

Looks good, but man, that’s some thick leather for what it is.

19 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Looks good for a quick draw I reckon.:gun: Why have you used the rivets may I ask?

those are chicago fasteners.  the ones in it now are just temporary.. i gots me some fancy ones in the mail that have a floral cap  i use chicago fasteners to close all my holster. even the loop is fastened in that fashion. i can take it apart for maintence and cleaning. plus why sew it closed, as thick as my gunbelts and holsters are 3 little studs and its never going to give..

My 1st gunbelt i made lasted 22 years.. im still kicking myself for not just making it as sturdy as my ones now. 

Here in Texas and im sure elsewhere in places that even allow you to own a gun much less a six shooter.  our guns are handed down for generations to our children or grandchildren.  with that in mind  it needs to last forever..

Gotcha, I don't get to do much with holsters over here. Last one I done was probably 5 years back.

i think im gunna use my barb wire stamps in the belt somewhere..:gun:

1 hour ago, dikman said:

Those grips are eye-catching.:specool:

i just love them.  had a guy Sach Peterson make them for me.. he made the ones on my other pistol too,  north american Elk

Very nice holster.  I like the stitching.  Color looks real good too.

well its coming along now.  still need to make and attach the buckle and strap.

i want to sew a pattern in the blank above the gun.  im thinking a double helix like a DNA strand or something.  cuz as many times as i bled and tried to keep the ultimate stain from happening,:gun: i think it would be appropriate.

roy belt 2.jpg

roy belt.jpg

roy belt1.jpg

That’s looking great thus far! Keep us posted.

Can't wait until it's done.  You are moving along marvelously.

I finished it. Buckle and strap are done. I’m really getting used to this machine sewing. There are some limitations still but the 5100 is starting to grow on me. I actually set the speed a little faster too. Lol. 1 stitch a second was getting old.  

CA4B1F55-B1D0-4461-9AF6-63DB796B5CEA.jpeg

35C53A1C-C51A-4583-A1E6-2F42AF864357.jpeg

5 hours ago, Thescandall said:

I finished it. Buckle and strap are done. I’m really getting used to this machine sewing. There are some limitations still but the 5100 is starting to grow on me. I actually set the speed a little faster too. Lol. 1 stitch a second was getting old.  

CA4B1F55-B1D0-4461-9AF6-63DB796B5CEA.jpeg

35C53A1C-C51A-4583-A1E6-2F42AF864357.jpeg

One stitch per second is like "light speed" for those of us who hand-stitched everything for many years. I remember spending hours at a time stitching up a few holsters at a time, tearing the skin off my fingers followed by aches and pains in my hands, wrists, and arms.

The day I received my Cobra Class 4 stitching machine was a wonderful day. Work that used to take the better part of an hour could be done in a few minutes, minus all the aches and pains, waking up in the morning with claws for hands that couldn't hold a coffee cup. Carpal tunnel surgeries. Cubital tunnel surgeries. Permanent damage to the ulnar nerves in both arms. Anti-inflammatory medications as a daily regimen.

Prior to my retirement in 2015 I was filling 40 orders every week. Totally impossible without a power stitching machine. Still have to force my fingers to get any function during the first hour or two every day.

43 years in the business, 35 part-time and 8 full-time. Made a lot of money and retired very comfortably, but I'm still paying the price for that now.

Wow, you did a fantastic job.

I wish I had a machine.  Today I made a wallet with all hand stitching and it took me 3 hours.

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

One stitch per second is like "light speed" for those of us who hand-stitched everything for many years. I remember spending hours at a time stitching up a few holsters at a time, tearing the skin off my fingers followed by aches and pains in my hands, wrists, and arms.

The day I received my Cobra Class 4 stitching machine was a wonderful day. Work that used to take the better part of an hour could be done in a few minutes, minus all the aches and pains, waking up in the morning with claws for hands that couldn't hold a coffee cup. Carpal tunnel surgeries. Cubital tunnel surgeries. Permanent damage to the ulnar nerves in both arms. Anti-inflammatory medications as a daily regimen.

Prior to my retirement in 2015 I was filling 40 orders every week. Totally impossible without a power stitching machine. Still have to force my fingers to get any function during the first hour or two every day.

43 years in the business, 35 part-time and 8 full-time. Made a lot of money and retired very comfortably, but I'm still paying the price for that now.

8 minutes ago, AzShooter said:

Wow, you did a fantastic job.

I wish I had a machine.  Today I made a wallet with all hand stitching and it took me 3 hours.

I looked for a machine for almost 2 years.  Same as lobo my hand stitching was becoming a PAIN.   

I saw plenty of substandard machines that would would limit me, nothing that would do almost everything I needed.  

One day on a whim I went back to the same place I had been to at least 6 times and there it was. Used!!!! They had just got it in and I knew it would be mine.  Cheap!!,