Sign in to follow this  
ToddW

is there a spray paint close to the COBRA color?

I have a skiver table I want to paint and looking to see if I can get close to the COBRA color.  I have a COBRA sewing machine and the skiver is in the same room as the COBRA.  Any idea of a spray paint that is close?

I do non´t think you will find a 100% matching paint of the shelf. I´d check home depot (or similar) and buy some brown rattle cans. But if this is of major importance for you and you really want it very close I´d check with a paint matching service or your local car painter, they may be able to find the closest shade for you.

You may have something like this locally:

https://www.myperfectcolor.com/Custom-Color-Matching-Services/33936.htm

or try a color detecting App for your phone (the one with out wires ;)) like Color Grab

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.loomatix.colorgrab&hl=de&gl=US

Edited by Constabulary

In the UK you can get colour matched rattle tins made by taking in a sample colour 

This looks close but you'll probably have to shoot it through a gun.  https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-chrysler-omaha-orange-3-1-ssu-96oz-kit.html  Eastwood is a good source of automotive body tools and finishes for DIYers.  They might be able to package this product or an enamel paint in a spray can.

Edited by TomE

This is the best way I’ve found to match Cobra brown paint. 

A5F8BAA1-69EE-4DDA-AB66-A45D4D3AA733.jpeg

9A84D2EE-C05E-4736-93CB-911D8D17F2F2.jpeg

CECA2D99-ABC7-407E-9463-1E75BDB76A1C.jpeg

Rust Oxide primer was almost a perfect match but was a real flat finish.  Close enough for me.. Almost put a clear satin finish but it got dark outside...  I have the stand finished.. Taped off the motor and got a lite coat on it.  I am torn on painting the skiver itself as I just don't want to take it apart and not sure my masking skills are good enough.  The skiver is an Artisian which is an odd shade of green or teal.  I'm not that particular but didn't want my work room to look like the front of lowes with all the different grills.  Since the work room is so small, everything is in pretty close vicinity. 

Appreciate all the responses...  If I had more time, probably would have gone the eastwood route as I do have a paint gun and that looks pretty good.