Sign in to follow this  
DanishMan

Quick Rotan

Dear Friends

I have a question about how to adjust a Quick Rotan motor.

It is not for a leather machine, but for a Union Special 34700. However the Quick Rotan is also used on many leather sewing machines.

When I got it, the thread trimmer and foot lift did not function (powered by a magneto).

After replacing the carbon brushes, the foot lift magneto is back to life.

However, the sequencing is off:

• When pushing the threadle, the presser foot goes down, and the machine starts to sew.
  • When releasing the threadle, the needles stop in down posistion, but the presser foot goes up.
  • When healing, the threadle, the needles go up, the presser foot goes down, and the trimmer activates.
  • Then the presser foot goes up again.

Anyone here, that have experienced a similar problem - or anyone that has a Quick Rotan instruction manual covering adjustment og the magnetos?

Kind regards

Danishman

It is in reprograming the perimeters of the machine.  QUICK Rotan was bought out by Pfaff many years ago.  No longer made.  You might contact Harvey at Dunlop Sales Electronic services division.  They rebuild them and probably have manuals on the motor. He has been helpful to me in the past and rebuilt a quick motor for me.

glenn

Thank you Glenn

I will try to contact him.

Cheers

Soren