DJole

Car recently stolen...and recovered! Well...mostly recovered.

Had a car stolen from a parking lot at work back in January. Some scumbag decided that my 93 Integra GS was too good to pass up, and stole her. 
She was missing for 4 weeks or so, but then popped up in a nearby impound lot. Here's what the scumbag thieves and tweakers did to her:

http://djole.altervista.org/djole/Amusements/Acura sadness/SadCar.htm

I just wanted to vent, because I am so angry and heart-broken at what these lowlife animals did to a beautiful piece of engineering. As a whole, she was wonderful. Now, she's broken and sad, and so am I. 

Not sure whether to send you congratulations on recovering her or condolences on the state she's in, so I'll do both!

Are you going to restore her?

So sad to read this.

I have  a hard time understanding why you should pay to get your own car back because some idiots stole it and parked it in a wrong place. 

What about the police? will they do nothing in terms of investigating the matter?

Comforting thought sent your way through cyber space. I hope that you'll get her back up and running again. 

Thats quite a sad sight to see. 

May you win 'Lotto'  soon with enough to buy you a new car , or restore your old  friend . 

HS

A truly sad thing. And becoming more common daily. Over here in Ellensburg, Central Paving had a truck and tool trailer stolen right out of their yard. The company I work for had a large trailer mounted generator stolen from a jobsite. They used to hang horse thieves. I think they were onto something.

Unfortunately, Integras are a hot item for car thieves, any year and condition.

Check ducts for hidden drug packages! I read about someone in Eastern Europe who bought a car imported from the US and found his blower non-working. It turned out that they had several lb of some drugs wrapped in plastic bags and duct tape, hidden in the ducts.