AmetureHour

Best button snaps? (line 20)

I have been using the same supplier for my button snaps for a few years and have never been truly satisfied. They easily unbutton in every project I have used them in. They are unreliable. Where can I find the best line 20 button snaps?

Unfortunately there is no universal solution to the problem of poor quality products. I usually buy a small quantity and do a test.

Members here praise Ohio Travel Bag but I never bought from them due to prohibitive cost of shipping.

I used to buy directly from a factory in China but they closed down a few years back. Since then it is mostly Aliexpress for me because the cost of the product is the same or lower than in North America but the shipping is free or very cheap. Recently, Aliexpress has become pricey. I have not bought new notions in quite some time, except for a few rivets that work fine. Anything and everything that you may find at local stores, mortar-and-pestle or online does not matter, is made in China anyway. The only difference is whether you are paying an intermediary or not.

You don't indicate where in the world you are...  I've bought very good quality DOT line 20 snaps from JT's Outdoor Fabrics in Canada,and I also use a lot from Kamsnaps in the USA.  I've found both to be very good.

AmetureHour... just curious, but were you by any chance trying to spell "Amateur"?  :)

Also, no need to post two messages the same here.

1 hour ago, MtlBiker said:

You don't indicate where in the world you are

OP appears to be from American Fork, Utah, 84003 according to the IP address location.

@AmetureHour If you add your location to your profile, people in the same area can respond with help versus giving you suppliers the other side of the world.

On 2/25/2022 at 1:43 PM, AmetureHour said:

I have been using the same supplier for my button snaps for a few years and have never been truly satisfied. They easily unbutton in every project I have used them in. They are unreliable. Where can I find the best line 20 button snaps?

you can make them tighter by giving the female snap a tiny bit of a squeeze with pliars but you can also ruin them be careful.

If OP is in American Fork, then OP needs to check up Rocky Mountain Leather Supply, just a quick trip north up I-15:
https://www.rmleathersupply.com/collections/buckles-hardware/products/hasi-hato-premium-japanese-line-snaps-solid-brass?variant=15318453420141

I like the ones from Buckleguy.  They say they're American made, I don't know, but they work well.

I really wish I knew a factory in the US that makes snaps locally. I would then buy from them only and screw China.

2 hours ago, DrmCa said:

I really wish I knew a factory in the US that makes snaps locally. I would then buy from them only and screw China.

Sorry I misspoke before, for some reason I thought Buckleguy makes their hardware in the US but now I noticed on their website it says "All items are manufactured in our own factory overseas"

https://www.buckleguy.com/custom-manufacturing/