AmetureHour

Best button snaps? (line 20)

Hey Everyone! I have been using the same line 20 button snaps for a few years now and have been disappointed to one degree or another every time I have used them. They are easily unbuttoned and unreliable. Do you have any suggestions on where I can find good button snaps? What do you use?

I usually find that a bit more or less weight on the right part with the hammer does the trick.

DOT, CS Osborne or Stimpson with brass "core"

DOT also has a PULL THE DOT line which is much stronger that the plain ring snaps nut not very fashionable so depends on the purpose.

Edited by Constabulary

A snap setting press would be a good investment. I have had no issues using LN20 or LN24 snaps when using the press. I bought the press and dies from Goldstar Tool a few years ago.

I tried the setting by hand but always seemed to have problems. Being able to put on a snap with no issues made the purchase worthwhile.

I always have more trouble using the small button snaps rather than the 20 or 24. Can’t figure out which piece goes with which on those small ones.