Guest LeslieNYC

Zipper repair or replace

Guest LeslieNYC

I have this beautiful, handmade bag. The bar that hols the zipper pull recently came off. I was able to reattach it and tighten the metal flanges with pliers, but I am worried that it won't hold. I am located in New York City. Can some help with fixing the pull or replacing the zipper?

20220220_125517.jpg

Edited by Northmount
Replaced 3rd party host with uploaded file

I do zipper replacements and repairs in my shop in Mid-Michigan. When the slider itself becomes defective, it's days are usually numbered. However, if you can apply some Super Glue Gel under the side tabs on the hold down bar, it might hang in there for a much longer time. Make sure it doesn't get into the body of the zipper or the pull tab.

If unsuccessful, it would be best to find somebody in the Fashion District to replace it for you. Replacing zippers and pulls on purses is an unpleasant job.

There are replacement sliders made that pop open and snap closed. The existing puller would have to be cut off and the open slider positioned in its place, then snapped shut. Check with any local tailor shops.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:48 AM, Guest LeslieNYC said:

I have this beautiful, handmade bag. The bar that hols the zipper pull recently came off. I was able to reattach it and tighten the metal flanges with pliers, but I am worried that it won't hold. I am located in New York City. Can some help with fixing the pull or replacing the zipper?

Simple repair that I do on a regular basis.  Fix existing with a new slider and pull or complete replacement.

Silverd

Edited by Northmount
removed 3rd party link from OP