Bawarrior

None pancake Holster

I got this idea from someone else. I used a very nice leather, but turns out its not stiff enough. Really to soft 9oz,  suggestions would be appreciated.

20220226_141225_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20220226_141240_copy_756x1008.jpg

Well, judging by how well it takes the stamp, it's veg tan so it should be susceptible to hardening due to heat. Wet it through, wrap the gun in saran wrap and wet mold it around the gun, remove the gun, then toss it into an oven at the lowest setting possible, (mine only goes to 170* F) for 10 min, reform, another 10 min, reform, and then let it go for about 30 while keeping an eye on it to ensure it doesn't burn. It should be getting pretty dry by then, then leave it somewhere to fully dry. Luckily it is black so you can rub enough NFO in your hands to coat them, and then rub down the holster to restore a bit of the moisture from wet molding it.

Other than that, I got nuthin'! Good luck and let us know how it turns out :) 

Edited by battlemunky

9oz Veg tan should get pretty hard and stiff when wet moulding, try what he said , let us know how it works,:) nice lookin holster by the way:thumbsup:

Edited by Bert03241

I like the design and the stitching is fabulous. Tooling is spot on and your line around the stitching is most excellent.  Can't wait to see more of your work.  Congratulations on a job well done.

I like the way the carving turned out. I know this isn't in the critique section, but I would be careful with the design around the grip. It doesn't look like there is enough room around the grip and trigger guard to provide space to have a proper draw and firing grip. This could result in the shooter not being able to properly acquire the pistol in an emergency situation. Just a thought.

Thank all of you for the advice, and compliments. This was my 1st holster it's not a quick draw. Battlemucky and AzShooter many thanks for taking your time. 

13 hours ago, Bawarrior said:

Thank all of you for the advice, and compliments. This was my 1st holster it's not a quick draw. Battlemucky and AzShooter many thanks for taking your time. 

You are most welcome Sir!

Just a update, apparently I'm the only one who thought rig should be firmer. Go figure. I did show to people today, two wanted to buy. Lucky for me, I'm a lefty. 

Taht's fanatstic.

On 2/28/2022 at 7:25 AM, SaintJoy18 said:

I like the way the carving turned out. I know this isn't in the critique section, but I would be careful with the design around the grip. It doesn't look like there is enough room around the grip and trigger guard to provide space to have a proper draw and firing grip. This could result in the shooter not being able to properly acquire the pistol in an emergency situation. Just a thought.

:17: