sojourner999

Requesting info on machines: Chandler 200r and reliable Msk-1245b

Hi, 

New to the forum and industrial machines (just have been reading and not posting, trying not to degrade signal to noise ratio).  I am on the search for a used upholstery/leather capable machine (triple feed, reverse and hoping for larger bobbin) along the capabilities of a juki 1541, 1508, Lu 563

i plan on fabricating outdoor equipment and lighter leather (guitar/banjo straps, wallets, maybe bags.  Definitely no thick holsters or equestrian gear) and upholstery of the interior of my pickup truck.  Initially, this is all for hobby.  Who knows where it will go after that, but I have no plans on running a full time business with products from the machine.

It seems that I get ghosted when I reply to Facebook market place ad.   Not sure why.

I see a reliable MSK-1245b, which I think is a Chinese clone of an Adler 1245 and also a chandler/chandsew 200r.  I believe the 200r is either a juki Lu 562 or 563 clone.  I really cannot find much on them.

does anyone have information on either of them?  I am hoping to find a lu563 or clone (with large bobbin).  And looking for availability of parts and instructions for timing/maintenance.  It seems that if the chandler 200r is lu563 clone and take Juki parts, it would be good.  But I really don’t know what I don’t know.  

And if I posted to incorrect forum, feel free to move to correct location.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, sojourner999 said:

Hi, 

New to the forum and industrial machines (just have been reading and not posting, trying not to degrade signal to noise ratio).  I am on the search for a used upholstery/leather capable machine (triple feed, reverse and hoping for larger bobbin) along the capabilities of a juki 1541, 1508, Lu 563

i plan on fabricating outdoor equipment and lighter leather (guitar/banjo straps, wallets, maybe bags.  Definitely no thick holsters or equestrian gear) and upholstery of the interior of my pickup truck.  Initially, this is all for hobby.  Who knows where it will go after that, but I have no plans on running a full time business with products from the machine.

It seems that I get ghosted when I reply to Facebook market place ad.   Not sure why.

I see a reliable MSK-1245b, which I think is a Chinese clone of an Adler 1245 and also a chandler/chandsew 200r.  I believe the 200r is either a juki Lu 562 or 563 clone.  I really cannot find much on them.

does anyone have information on either of them?  I am hoping to find a lu563 or clone (with large bobbin).  And looking for availability of parts and instructions for timing/maintenance.  It seems that if the chandler 200r is lu563 clone and take Juki parts, it would be good.  But I really don’t know what I don’t know.  

And if I posted to incorrect forum, feel free to move to correct location.

Thanks!

Uploaded is a pic of item being sold.  Maybe that can help identify.  Thx,

3F2AE7CE-9F40-4386-B77B-88078ACD81CA.jpeg

The Chandler looks like a Juki LU-563 I used to have. It was a clone of a Singer 111w156. The Singers had G size bobbins that are regarded as 1x capacity. The Juki had a double capacity U bobbin. There is an in-between M bobbin that holds about 1.7x of a Singer G. The Chandler in the photo will probably have either a G or M bobbin. I has compound feed walking feet and probably handles #138 thread. It would be a great fit for your planned sewing work.

10 hours ago, sojourner999 said:

does anyone have information on either of them?

What I understand:

JUKI

1) Juki LU-562 there two models (one with and one without reverse)

2) Juki LU-563 there were three models ( one with reverse; one without reverse; one with reverse and 10mm stitch length a LU-563-3)

3) Juki LU-562 and LU-563 use the same needle system and could accommodate needle sizes from #18 for v69 thread to #23 for v138 thread for both the top and bobbin thread

4) Juki LU-562 and LU-563 had a pressor foot lift of 4mm by hand and 10mm by knee lift

5) Juki LU-562 and LU-563 had a 7mm max stitch length except the LU-563-3 that had a 10mm max stitch length

6) Juki LU-562 had a 3000 spm rating  while the LU-563 and LU-563-3 had a lower rating of 2500spm

7) Juki LU-562 had a small bobbin

8) Juki LU-563 and LU-563-3 had a large bobbin with automatic lubricating

Reliable

1) Reliable MSK-1245 is a clone made in either China or Taiwan of the the PFAFF 1245 not an Alder.

I think the Chandsew is a rebadged Juki LU-562 or LU-563 (I think made in Japan) sort of what Landis did on some machines. If it has a big bobbin it is a Juki LU-563. If I had to choose between the two I would go with the Chandsew. I had a PFAFF 1245 and got rid of it as parts were expensive, had a small bobbin, didn't like how you had to move the stitch level to get it into reverse and generally disliked the machine. With that said I am basing that on both machines being in good operating condition.

kgg

Much appreciated Wizcrafts and kgg!

I the Chandler is up for sale for $800.  That seems a little too high to me.  What do you think would be a good deal on the Chandler?

Thx!

That seems a little too high to me.  What do you think would be a good deal on the Chandler?

The prices during these times are all over the place. In Ontario, Canada private sales for an original Juki LU-563 with a clutch motor people are asking between $500 ($390 US) to $1000 ($780 US). Before Christmas Juki LU-563 machines in private sales were lasting a weekend before being sold now some are still listed after three weeks. I did sell my PFAFF last summer for $500 ($390 US) with a clutch motor in good physical and mechanical condition and happy to get that for it but it took a few months to get rid of it as PFAFF's aren't very popular.

Me, at $800 US I would probably pass on that machine to find an original Juki LU-563 and not a rebadged Juki LU-563 or seriously consider buying a new Juki DNU-1541S for about $1800 US.

kgg

Thanks kgg.  I am looking for a lu563.  There was one and a Brother LS2-B837 on FB Marketplace.  550 usd for the Juki and 400 usd for the brother.  I sent about 9 messages and had no response.  Then they vanished.  

I think I will pass and keep looking.  My days start and end on Craig’s list and Facebook marketplace.

I sure would like the 1541-s, but funds are a little tight for now.

much appreciated all the shared wisdom.

I am looking for a lu563.

I've owned the Chandler version of the LU-563, and recently bought a Chandler rebadged 562. Both were excellent machines and I could tell little difference in quality between them and the Juki versions I own now. The fidelity of the "copy" is so excellent I would be inclined to suspect that some of these machines were MADE for Chandler by Juki under contract. The details on the markings of the "562" clone I have is pretty suggestive-

You could do far worse with a more contemporary import clone of this machine, IMHO.

-DC

Chandler1.jpg

Chandler2.jpg

Chandler3.jpg

On 2/28/2022 at 8:35 PM, SARK9 said:

I've owned the Chandler version of the LU-563, and recently bought a Chandler rebadged 562. Both were excellent machines and I could tell little difference in quality between them and the Juki versions I own now. The fidelity of the "copy" is so excellent I would be inclined to suspect that some of these machines were MADE for Chandler by Juki under contract. The details on the markings of the "562" clone I have is pretty suggestive-

You could do far worse with a more contemporary import clone of this machine, IMHO.

-DC

Chandler1.jpg

Chandler2.jpg

Chandler3.jpg

Thanks.  Is that 200R the 562 clone or 563?   

It has the smaller "G" bobbin, so that would make it an LU 562, although the Consew 226 also had the G bobbin. The *200R* tag on the machine appears to be a totally Chandler designation, but the "B562" stamped on the frame was most likely done by the actual manufacturer of the machine. Its a dead ringer for my 563 except for the bobbin size. The name "Consew" itself was a legal dodge to enable marketing the machines in the U.S. , as the earlier "Consew" machines were actually made by Seiko in Japan as I recall. Both seemed to owe a lot to the Singer 111G156 design.....

-DC

Thank you Sark9!  I passed as it was pretty expensive and did not have the larger bobbin.

i now have a lead on another chandler that looks like a durkopp-Adler 167.  Time to start digging for info. on that one.  

8 minutes ago, sojourner999 said:

i now have a lead on another chandler that looks like a durkopp-Adler 167.  Time to start digging for info. on that one.  

Check out the topic on the forum by Uwe it should help:

PDF: Adler 167 Service Manual

kgg

On 2/28/2022 at 4:29 AM, kgg said:

The prices during these times are all over the place. In Ontario, Canada private sales for an original Juki LU-563 with a clutch motor people are asking between $500 ($390 US) to $1000 ($780 US). Before Christmas Juki LU-563 machines in private sales were lasting a weekend before being sold now some are still listed after three weeks. I did sell my PFAFF last summer for $500 ($390 US) with a clutch motor in good physical and mechanical condition and happy to get that for it but it took a few months to get rid of it as PFAFF's aren't very popular.

Me, at $800 US I would probably pass on that machine to find an original Juki LU-563 and not a rebadged Juki LU-563 or seriously consider buying a new Juki DNU-1541S for about $1800 US.

kgg

kgg, 

Do you think that Pfaff machines are not popular because some parts are hard to find? I'm just not certain why everyone does not love them the way I do. LOL! I know you are right though, parts are not so interchangeable with other machines and can be obsolete, expensive, hard to find.

14 minutes ago, suzelle said:

Do you think that Pfaff machines are not popular because some parts are hard to find?

The replacement parts tend to be expensive, there were and are other name brands that are as capable but cheaper with more available servicing/sales locations. I guess even the color scheme and style of the machines also probably had an effect on their sales as they tended to look drab.

kgg

On 3/6/2022 at 8:47 AM, kgg said:

The replacement parts tend to be expensive, there were and are other name brands that are as capable but cheaper with more available servicing/sales locations. I guess even the color scheme and style of the machines also probably had an effect on their sales as they tended to look drab.

kgg

Yes, agreed! Drab indeed is my Pfaff 545. However, makes my heart go pitter pat because mine is a pretty clean machine and the heaviest duty Industrial machine I'd ever gotten when I bought it. Still a beast!