nycnycdesign

Low Profile/Buckle Foot for Adler 69

Hi all

Any ideas if this KH foot will work on an older Adler 69. Standard model not vibrating arm. 

I can’t get an answer from Kh. I’m looking for something very low profile like this for tight spaces. 

DBBC162C-0736-4159-9D24-812E9E1BDF75.jpeg

The feet for adler 69 are the same as for adler 267

but you need a machine with triple feed for this feet.

You said  youre machine has a “not vibrating arm” 

if you have the needle feed variant, this feet will not work.

Edited by Michiel

3 hours ago, Michiel said:

You said  youre machine has a “not vibrating arm” 

if you have the needle feed variant, this feet will not work.

Sorry ....I am confused. If it is an Adler 69 and is not a binder version would it not be a triple feed anyway? I can not understand why the shown feet would not work?

1 hour ago, RockyAussie said:

Sorry ....I am confused. If it is an Adler 69 and is not a binder version would it not be a triple feed anyway? I can not understand why the shown feet would not work?

Really appreciate the responses chaps.

I thought these were triple feed? 

It’s a 69-373 just without the moving throat plate but I believe it’s perfectly capable of having one without modification. I don’t know for sure though. Does that sound correct?

KH lists the foot as needing this feed dog and plate but it’s unclear if that’s for the 267 only  doesn’t even seem like it would fit the 69?

3B3151D1-7B6D-4AE3-8706-114874B21BDC.jpeg

I too am confused. The listing says in its title that it is for Adler 69. What is causing your doubts?

@nycnycdesign Please post some pictures of your machine with closeups of the needle area. I think we have terminology issues. The throat plate doesn’t move, the feed dog does. The Adler 69-373 allows for various configurations of throat plate and feed dog, it’s hard to guess what you have. A picture or two should clarify the issue.

The Durkopp Adler 69-373 parts list (69373_parts_list.pdf) shows the various gauge sets (throat plate/feed dog/feet) that are/were available for that model.

(That KH267Q gauge set you show above is for flatbed machines, it will NOT fit your 69.)

Edited by Uwe

10 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

There is a adler 69 model with only needle feed (no moving inner foot) 

If his machine has triple feeed  the shown feet will work indeed

Thanks chaps. Im not in the shop right now but I had this video on my phone. LW wouldn't let me upload due to size limit.

Uwe, sorry for the teminology mixup. I meant arm cover not throat plate. 

I had used your breakdown on another thread to convert another 69 into a binder. Worked great. 

I'd like to set this one up for narrow/tight stitching which is why I thought those feet would work well.

So as I gather it, only the 267 needs a different gauge set and the 69 should work with these sans modification.  

VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/683961357

image.png

Edited by nycnycdesign

2 hours ago, nycnycdesign said:

Thanks chaps. Im not in the shop right now but I had this video on my phone. LW wouldn't let me upload due to size limit.

Uwe, sorry for the teminology mixup. I meant arm cover not throat plate. 

I had used your breakdown on another thread to convert another 69 into a binder. Worked great. 

I'd like to set this one up for narrow/tight stitching which is why I thought those feet would work well.

So as I gather it, only the 267 needs a different gauge set and the 69 should work with these sans modification.  

VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/683961357

image.png

Just checked your video and I have to warn you that you should never run your machine with the feet down and going against the feed dog. It will put a heap of scratches on your top feet which then can make a lot of scratches show up on your leather. Maybe I am a bit sensitive to it because I do a lot of glazed crocodile and I know it shows up there for sure. DSC03002_resize.JPG

If you want to get even tighter stitching with the 69 Adler you might find this post interesting to have a look at -

2 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Just checked your video and I have to warn you that you should never run your machine with the feet down and going against the feed dog. It will put a heap of scratches on your top feet which then can make a lot of scratches show up on your leather. Maybe I am a bit sensitive to it because I do a lot of glazed crocodile and I know it shows up there for sure. DSC03002_resize.JPG

If you want to get even tighter stitching with the 69 Adler you might find this post interesting to have a look at -

Thanks mate. Very cool. Would you mind dm’ing me the STL? I’ll print one out tonight. 

1 hour ago, nycnycdesign said:

Thanks mate. Very cool. Would you mind dm’ing me the STL? I’ll print one out tonight. 

No problem. If you go to this link on the first page you can see I have uploaded the file you want.