Jhunter13

Hello from Pa!

Thanks for adding me to the group.  Mainly sewing hunting gear and custom climbing saddles.  My primary machines until lately have been singer 15-91s.  Recently picked up a clone Juki LU-563 for a great price.  Just finished going over everything on the machine to get it dialed in.  This included replacing the needle bar, swapping out the clutch motor for brushless servo, added needle positioner, timed the needle/hook, timed the feet, set max stitch length, adjusted the fwd/rev stitch to match the same hole and overal general cleaning. 

I mainly plan to make custom packs, and hunting gear but would like to try some leather projects as I get better with the machine. 

Screenshot_20220303-193410_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-193449_Gallery.jpg

Welcome to the group!

Is that a seat for a tree stand that loops around the tree without the rest of the stand?  Looks kind of like rappelling gear...I am probably way off base here though :)

21 hours ago, Selvune said:

Welcome to the group!

Is that a seat for a tree stand that loops around the tree without the rest of the stand?  Looks kind of like rappelling gear...I am probably way off base here though :)

Nope, your 100% correct.  Its a tree saddle - you sit in it and its roped around the tree and you use a small mobile platform for your feet.  

Screenshot_20220305-082809_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Jhunter13 said:

Nope, your 100% correct.  Its a tree saddle - you sit in it and its roped around the tree and you use a small mobile platform for your feet.  

Screenshot_20220305-082809_Chrome.jpg

Very nice.