We should all stop buying from McDonalds as they are one of the few western countries to value keeping their shops open in Russia rather than supporting Ukraine in their fight for freedom. most other companies have pulled out of Russia

McDonalds are actually franchises owned by the local business person. 

McD supplies, sets guide prices and runs the advertising campaign but actually has no real input in that local, unlike a hop such as Tesco or ASDA

1 hour ago, chrisash said:

We should all stop buying from McDonalds as they are one of the few western countries to value keeping their shops open in Russia rather than supporting Ukraine in their fight for freedom. most other companies have pulled out of Russia

LOL you eat that crap? I boycoted eating garbage years ago. I boycot now anything and anyone pro vax mandate. Dont really care about the smoke screen we caused.

I apologise. I just learnt this evening that McDonalds has about 850 places in Russia and that McD owns the majority of them. How many the report did not say.

Anyway, I've not had anything from a McD for about 2 years. The only thing I did get regularly was either a Hot chocolate drink or a Cappuccino coffee, so boycotting them is easy for me

Update:

McDonald's, Starbucks, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and General Electric all announced Tuesday they were suspending their business in Russia in response to the country's invasion of Ukraine. March 8, 2022, at 7:21 p.m.2 days ago

On 3/5/2022 at 3:05 AM, chuck123wapati said:

LOL you eat that crap?

Forgive me Chuck for I have sinned.  When I  was medically lazy and couldn't be f***ed cooking ,  , I went to McSlops  and had a burger , a large chips...(sorry, fries) , and a coffee . 

Sorry :blush: 

I have paid for my sins, I can't see my ..? .....feet ..anymore :blush:

Theres no ' junk food joints' ,  tuck shops or deli's  where I live, thankfully .  The nearest ' McSlops'  is over an hour away. Just as well, a food sinner like myself could easily be tempted :yes:

More seriously, its good to see  large corporates   doing their bit. Will it work ? perhaps not. One can only hope . 

HS

2 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

Forgive me Chuck for I have sinned.  When I  was medically lazy and couldn't be f***ed cooking ,  , I went to McSlops  and had a burger , a large chips...(sorry, fries) , and a coffee . 

Sorry :blush: 

I have paid for my sins, I can't see my ..? .....feet ..anymore :blush:

Theres no ' junk food joints' ,  tuck shops or deli's  where I live, thankfully .  The nearest ' McSlops'  is over an hour away. Just as well, a food sinner like myself could easily be tempted :yes:

More seriously, its good to see  large corporates   doing their bit. Will it work ? perhaps not. One can only hope . 

HS

I boycotted eating garbage years ago. "   I've had my share too. All it will do is make them eat good food but i guess your right its the thought that counts.

18 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

I've had my share too

I learnt something from 'Elmo' when he made an appearance on Oz TV some years ago . He said the ' Wasabi'  is a " sometimes food"   . ( never had it, but it packs a punch (?) ) . But the expression  'sometimes food '  has stuck . 

And junk  food is a 'sometimes food'    <  spoken in Elmo's voice   :) :)  Nothing beats a nice  home cooked roast IMO . 

HS

2 hours ago, Handstitched said:

I learnt something from 'Elmo' when he made an appearance on Oz TV some years ago . He said the ' Wasabi'  is a " sometimes food"   . ( never had it, but it packs a punch (?) ) . But the expression  'sometimes food '  has stuck . 

And junk  food is a 'sometimes food'    <  spoken in Elmo's voice   :) :)  Nothing beats a nice  home cooked roast IMO . 

HS

I feel blessed to live where i do. I have spent most of my life eating wild meats, game birds and fish, veggies from my garden and some really awesome foraged plants , berries and such. We make most of our food daily. One of my favorites is a  French dip sandwich made with Elk roast, fresh bread & au jus. With a nice glass of home made Service berry or Chokecherry wine. As soon a spring rolls around our shopping starts with a garden, foraging and fishing to get the freezer filled up again. Something i find amazing in the US is the "health food" market read the labels on some of that crap once in a while, all the same chemicals, bad oils and sugar as regular crap food we get. 

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

I feel blessed to live where i do. I have spent most of my life eating wild meats, game birds and fish, veggies from my garden and some really awesome foraged plants , berries and such. We make most of our food daily. One of my favorites is a  French dip sandwich made with Elk roast, fresh bread & au jus. With a nice glass of home made Service berry or Chokecherry wine. As soon a spring rolls around our shopping starts with a garden, foraging and fishing to get the freezer filled up again. Something i find amazing in the US is the "health food" market read the labels on some of that crap once in a while, all the same chemicals, bad oils and sugar as regular crap food we get. 

It seems there is a downside to all that healthy eating Chuck, it's turned you into a right grumpy f****r. LOL

26 minutes ago, toxo said:

It seems there is a downside to all that healthy eating Chuck, it's turned you into a right grumpy f****r. LOL

it would seem so but no actually working for 30 years in a prison did that. :) here's  a smiley face for ya friend LOL even though you wanted to line me and shoot me one time. Sure pissed you off that day i'll admit lol. 

Getting away from people and enjoying the fruits of the earth, smelling fresh mountain air and drinking fresh spring water probably helped a bit IMO at least it kept me semi sane. ever do anything like that? Have you ever listened to the sunrise out in the woods? at the crack of dawn every living thing goes quiet for a few minutes all you can hear is pure quietness, your senses come alive and you can smell the dew, the plants the dirt,  feel the brisk morning air. Then just like magic the birds ,elk, cattle, even the fish start jumping again and seem to come back to life. Its an amazing thing friend.

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

it would seem so but no actually working for 30 years in a prison did that. :) here's  a smiley face for ya friend LOL even though you wanted to line me and shoot me one time. Sure pissed you off that day i'll admit lol. 

Getting away from people and enjoying the fruits of the earth, smelling fresh mountain air and drinking fresh spring water probably helped a bit IMO at least it kept me semi sane. ever do anything like that? Have you ever listened to the sunrise out in the woods? at the crack of dawn every living thing goes quiet for a few minutes all you can hear is pure quietness, your senses come alive and you can smell the dew, the plants the dirt,  feel the brisk morning air. Then just like magic the birds ,elk, cattle, even the fish start jumping again and seem to come back to life. Its an amazing thing friend.

There's a lot of that in me. Used to go fishing a lot mainly for that reason. Had to break the ice a few times in the winter.  Didn't matter if I didn't catch anything but you'd never catch me fishing from a concrete pier. My Granddad was French Canadian. Probably why I've always had a hankering for lakes /rivers/ forests and snow capped mountains. Couldn't pay me to go lay on a beach in the Med for two weeks.

28 minutes ago, toxo said:

There's a lot of that in me. Used to go fishing a lot mainly for that reason. Had to break the ice a few times in the winter.  Didn't matter if I didn't catch anything but you'd never catch me fishing from a concrete pier. My Granddad was French Canadian. Probably why I've always had a hankering for lakes /rivers/ forests and snow capped mountains. Couldn't pay me to go lay on a beach in the Med for two weeks.

So then you would enjoy my cooking? :) Fresh Brook trout with fried potatoes and wild onions at 8,000 Ft. 

brookies.JPG

15 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

So then you would enjoy my cooking? :) Fresh Brook trout with fried potatoes and wild onions at 8,000 Ft. 

brookies.JPG

LOOKS GOOD, been a long time sense i had some fresh trout 

When you get finished with your hunt at 8000 feet, drop on down to sea level and have some of my pulled pork.  You can call it Mc rib if you want

1948656491_IMG_0889(2).jpg.310e7b05df65e478c329c398e7926df2.jpg

Edited by Frodo

16 minutes ago, Frodo said:

LOOKS GOOD, been a long time sense i had some fresh trout 

When you get finished with your hunt at 8000 feet, drop on down to sea level and have some of my pulled pork.  You can call it Mc rib if you want

1948656491_IMG_0889(2).jpg.310e7b05df65e478c329c398e7926df2.jpg

Oh heck yea!!! On a fresh baked sourdough bun!!!! Man I'll bet if you got a bit of that on your forehead you tongue would beat your brains out trying to lick it off.

These are good at any altitude lol.

crawdadys1.JPG

Edited by chuck123wapati

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

brookies.JPG

My my that is some tasty lookin  vittles.

6 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Oh heck yea!!! On a fresh baked sourdough bun!!!! Man I'll bet if you got a bit of that on your forehead you tongue would beat your brains out trying to lick it off.

crawdadys1.JPG

Mudbugs,  Love em.    Did you know that when i was a kid, No one ate  mudbugs.  we used them as cat fish bait. Then some FOO FOO french chief introduced them as a delicacy on the food channel or bourbon street and all of a sudden they were the next hot thing to eat,  I still use them as catfish bait. Brea bridge Louisiana has a crawfish festival every may.    They also have a strawberry festival, LOL lets face it Louisiana has a festival for everything   Laissez les bons temps rouler  Let the good times roll

Edited by Frodo

Bacon steaks

2096737427_baconsteak.thumb.jpg.ab9c3e181def470b41918fd34308c040.jpg

Edited by Frodo

Dang.  you got me on a food roll !!!!

Atomic buffalo turds   {stuffed jalapeno wrapped in bacon}

jalapeno, cream cheese,[cheese of choice]  diced scallions, lipton onion soup mix, , bacon

stuffed.jpg.402bca8f05657cc4cd8917abc191858c.jpgstuffed1.thumb.jpg.b63adeafac74c59ff2391bd40fd9f585.jpg

8 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Is that also called ' Craw Fish' ? . We have something  that looks very similar. ' Yabbies'  ( theres  Jilgies & ' Koonacs' ) .  The only differences were the claws at the front.  Jilgies were a childhood fave in the creeks etc.  *jilgies ,(  pronounced Joogies ) 

Looks so damn tasty , and the corn  ....etc  :) :)  I envy that Chuck .  

**break out the violins** I used to go  bush quite a bit in the early days, catching food etc.  .  But working 7 days a week  and,  these days,  looking after 2 elderly parents soon put a stop to that . 

But I do know how to do a nice BBQ  roast, one saving grace   :specool: 

But it made me laugh when I saw people in the bush take absolutely  everything ...including the proverbial ' kitchen sink', like they were moving house .  To me , thats not 'getting away from it all'...thats taking it with you.  I  traveled light, I only took what I needed, just the very bare essentials . 

3 hours ago, Frodo said:

Bacon steaks

Bacon steaks ???  Holy crap, they look so good. The closest we can get ( if we can find them)  is ham steaks...not the same. 

Cooking on an open fire  and coals  totally rocks  :party26: 

Now I'm hungry ...

HS

6 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Cooking on an open fire  and coals  totally rocks  :party26: 

Now I'm hungry ...

HS

It is Chucks fault. I have been craving fish all day yesterday

shaking_fist.png.d7df50c34da0545c6148141fb5891e5f.png

@Frodo What started out as a discussion about McSlops, turned into  sharing food faves and something rather damn  tasty .Sorry @chrisash .  Perhaps the mods could start a food/recipe section , us leather workers work up quite an appetite and we  gotta eat. 

I tried looking for bacon steaks here in Oz......no chance . I'll keep looking .  The trout does look good though  eh. Just needs a bit of fresh lemon juice. 

So thats what Chuck really looks like??   :)  

HS

26 minutes ago, Frodo said:

It is Chucks fault. I have been craving fish all day yesterday

shaking_fist.png.d7df50c34da0545c6148141fb5891e5f.png

yea well Now i gotta make some bacon steaks thanks to you.:banana:

4 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

@Frodo What started out as a discussion about McSlops, turned into  sharing food faves and something rather damn  tasty .Sorry @chrisash .  Perhaps the mods could start a food/recipe section , us leather workers work up quite an appetite and we  gotta eat. 

I tried looking for bacon steaks here in Oz......no chance . I'll keep looking .  The trout does look good though  eh. Just needs a bit of fresh lemon juice. 

So thats what Chuck really looks like??   :)  

HS

heres where you go to get bacon steaks LOL. And heck no i have more hair than that lol.

smoker2.JPG

14 hours ago, rleather said:

My my that is some tasty lookin  vittles.

Oh heck yea and the aroma cooking over a open fire makes it even better.

Real food comes in a jar without labels... My wifes passion is canning. Sweet and sour ,mildly spicey. 

pickles.JPG