On 4/5/2022 at 6:52 AM, chuck123wapati said:

I love a good hot cup of coffe in the early morning while watering the garden. Heres a couple of pics of the country during our morning walks they are old pics, this year i'lll shoot some of our spring flowers for all to enjoy lol. Walk a mile a day and youl feel ok!!

Nice pics Chuck, you live in such a beautiful place. I'd walk 2 miles a day if I lived there!

35 minutes ago, suzelle said:

Nice pics Chuck, you live in such a beautiful place. I'd walk 2 miles a day if I lived there!

thank you! sometimes we do go two, sometimes five lol. you could walk that road for a hundred and not hit a town. It is so quiet calm and fresh in the morning your brain just goes blank and any problems just float away as you walk along. 

20 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

thank you! sometimes we do go two, sometimes five lol. you could walk that road for a hundred and not hit a town. It is so quiet calm and fresh in the morning your brain just goes blank and any problems just float away as you walk along. 

Hey Chuck, what do you see in this picture?

stand.png.dfd946e0f2724d2c94f93b444f944604.png

2 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Hey Chuck, what do you see in this picture?

stand.png.dfd946e0f2724d2c94f93b444f944604.png

i see the best seat in the house lol.  Nice view from up there i'll bet.

had to take this. dove on a brick!!! Her beau is behind her sleeping too lol.

dove1.JPG

dove2.JPG

The wonders and wonderfulness of the natural world

Well spotted, that man

1 hour ago, fredk said:

The wonders and wonderfulness of the natural world

Well spotted, that man

You said it i am thinking the brick was warmed by the sun.  Birds have always been a mystery to me they do weird stuff. they will nest in our lilac bush all summer, hopefully that will be soon its snowing again today lol it was almost 70*f.  yesterday

Edited by chuck123wapati

On 5/8/2022 at 2:38 AM, chuck123wapati said:

they will nest in our lilac bush all summer

Is it warming up in your part of the universe chuck?  Its starting to cool right down here in the  central wheatbelt . It started raining properly   for the first time in a long time  in the early hours  of this morning and hasn't stopped yet . ( its  now 7 pm atm)  . Its been raining  steadily non stop pretty  much all day.  The ground is saturated .  And the home made soups ( left over Christmas ham) are about to make an appearance ......yummo !!! 

Not many people pay any attention to Mother Nature and the seasonal changes , but I do . The sound of the  steady rain and the earthly smells it produces   can  be quite therapeutic  .Thats a lovely pic.   A  set of Doves visit our back yard frequently in the mornings, we put seed out for them   . I get more entertained watching them than TV    :)

HS 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:11 AM, chuck123wapati said:

had to take this. dove on a brick!!! Her beau is behind her sleeping too lol.

I really enjoyed seeing these pics of the lovely Doves. Fun to see! My neighbor puts out food for the Doves, so we hear them coo-ing. They sound a bit like Owls I guess. Beautiful birds.

2 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Is it warming up in your part of the universe chuck?  Its starting to cool right down here in the  central wheatbelt . It started raining properly   for the first time in a long time  in the early hours  of this morning and hasn't stopped yet . ( its  now 7 pm atm)  . Its been raining  steadily non stop pretty  much all day.  The ground is saturated .  And the home made soups ( left over Christmas ham) are about to make an appearance ......yummo !!! 

Not many people pay any attention to Mother Nature and the seasonal changes , but I do . The sound of the  steady rain and the earthly smells it produces   can  be quite therapeutic  .Thats a lovely pic.   A  set of Doves visit our back yard frequently in the mornings, we put seed out for them   . I get more entertained watching them than TV    :)

HS 

yes finally:banana: the leaves are just coming on the trees and a little snow mixed with rain but now more rain than snow. I'll be getting the grill ready for summer lol.  From what i see now most people are taught we aren't a part of nature. Myself i was brought up in it and would surely die without it. Hopefully i can get some pictures of the beautiful spring flowers this area has, not many folks see them.

1 minute ago, chuck123wapati said:

yes finally:banana: the leaves are just coming on the trees and a little snow mixed with rain but now more rain than snow. I'll be getting the grill ready for summer lol.  From what i see now most people are taught we aren't a part of nature. Myself i was brought up in it and would surely die without it. Hopefully i can get some pictures of the beautiful spring flowers this area has, not many folks see them.

Yes please, flowers YES!

3 minutes ago, suzelle said:

I really enjoyed seeing these pics of the lovely Doves. Fun to see! My neighbor puts out food for the Doves, so we hear them coo-ing. They sound a bit like Owls I guess. Beautiful birds.

thank you we feed them too we have Doves, finches hummingbirds and a beautiful set of hawks that nest in a big pine across the street form us every year. As well as a few owls.

11 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

thank you we feed them too we have Doves, finches hummingbirds and a beautiful set of hawks that nest in a big pine across the street form us every year. As well as a few owls.

Nice! We have lots of wildlife around us too. Squirrels, Possum, Racoons, Coyote, Deer, and the usual birds, lol. Birds: Steller's Jay, Woodpecker, Robins, Starlings, Chickadees, Hawks, Eagles, Red Winged Black Bird, Crow, Owls, that's all I can think of right now that I have seen in our yard. In just the past two years, I have seen both Coyote and Deer hop our 6 foot fence into the yard, and back out of the yard. No problem for them! Crazy, huh?

I swear the Crows and I are friends. They talk to me in the yard and sometimes when I go just a few miles away, I swear the same Crows are talking to me from wherever I go. In my own yard, I do communicate with them. I leave them treats and just chat with them. So I believe it's the same Crows and they notice it's me! Maybe I am crazy, but my Husband knows the crows love me. LOL. Weird but true. :)

Edited by suzelle

@chuck123wapati the  home made soup was so  delicious  . Hot 'n' hearty after a busy weekend . Warmed my bones up nicely  :) :) 

HS

Back to the title subject; McD are selling up and ceasing business in Russia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61463876

Renault cars has already left

Just a few companies now but maybe the start of a flood?

On 3/5/2022 at 1:49 AM, chrisash said:

We should all stop buying from McDonalds as they are one of the few western countries to value keeping their shops open in Russia rather than supporting Ukraine in their fight for freedom. most other companies have pulled out of Russia

' Mc-Slopski's '  has now  shut down/ selling off its operations in McRussia . 

Meanwhile in ' Realfoodland' ...

I had a nice  hearty home made Guinness meat pie tonight. Slow cooked gravy beef, vegies etc. fresh garden herbs,  some flour as a thickener, ......and Guinness , slow cooked first , followed by  a nice crusty pastry on the top. Served up  with nice hot  jacket potatoes   green vegies and ......Guinness gravy . The best damn  meat pie in the world  :thumbsup: 

HS

37 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

' Mc-Slopski's '  has now  shut down/ selling off its operations in McRussia . 

Meanwhile in ' Realfoodland' ...

I had a nice  hearty home made Guinness meat pie tonight. Slow cooked gravy beef, vegies etc. fresh garden herbs,  some flour as a thickener, ......and Guinness , slow cooked first , followed by  a nice crusty pastry on the top. Served up  with nice hot  jacket potatoes   green vegies and ......Guinness gravy . The best damn  meat pie in the world  :thumbsup: 

HS

man that sounds good!! we had chicken fried elk steaks last night with champ and homemade gravy.

Man, we just  love  really good quality   home made food . Hearty soups, meat pies, elk steaks ( yummo ) . So full of flavour, and from the heart.... and not from a packet or from the frozen meal isle . 

HS  :) 

On 3/12/2022 at 12:10 PM, chuck123wapati said:

So then you would enjoy my cooking? :) Fresh Brook trout with fried potatoes and wild onions at 8,000 Ft. 

brookies.JPG

what times dinner?

On 3/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, chuck123wapati said:

Most wild meats are very lean and really good for you, but dry out quickly during cooking. A really good recipe to add some flavor and oils to the process i use on deer especially. Take your roo steak and tenderize it with a meat tenderizer/hammer looking thing and flatten it out good then roll it up with a piece of good smoked bacon, use toothpicks to keep it rolled up, the bacon should go length wise so it rolls around the outside as well as inside of the steak.. Flour ithe rolls then brown them off in a skillet. Place them in a baking pan and add a good mushroom soup, either canned or homemade and bake until tender. These are awesome make plenty of the gravy/soup and serve with some mashed spuds. Out side we make them in a dutch oven, brown them in the oven then add the soup.

Speaking of dutch ovens do you have any? The top of the line for outdoor cooking, you can bake, fry, boil, roast, or about any other cooking process with one over an open fire. 

what time dinner again

11 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

what times dinner?

what time dinner again

for the brookies sometime in July when the snow is gone in the mountains lol. Those steaks, October for the freshest lol.

My front yard , just a sampling. I also have, Coyote's, Javelina, Mtn. Lions, bob cats, cows, Road Runners, Doves, Cardinals, Humming birds.Rattlesnakes and others I haven't identified yet. Squirrels, Scorpions, several types of lizards, Buzzards, Harris Hawks, tons of Rabbits.Many Birds that I don't know what they are,Bats.Yes my front yards a zoo :thumbsup:

Your Choice.JPG

Russia stopped Bidens “winter of death” by destroying 13 bio labs! He hates “the Deep State” and does not was his country to be part of the “new world order” and neither should anyone on the planet!

the American Demoncrats have been funding those that gave COVID to the world, Ukraine is a shit pot of criminal activity, it’s the poster child for child sex trafficking and all of you that think Putin is an evil human need to look past the WORLD MEDIA

On 6/2/2022 at 9:58 AM, Bert03241 said:

what times dinner?

thats quite a sight  :)

Just had a nice roast lamb, with an assortment of home grown herbs, crispy roast potato's , I used duck fat, makes em crispy on high heat , vegies, and gravy, I put the juices from the meat into the gravy, always do  , and washed down with a nice cab sav ..and later, I'll be indulging in a few scones with jam & cream ......and right now , I'm enjoying a little tipple of whisky ....so there !!   Life is sweet  :)  

The brookies still  look tasty @chuck123wapati  Who needs restaurants when we have Mother Nature ? I can't remember the last  time I actually sat in a restaurant, so long ago.  With an ex ...I think :dunno:

HS

Its seems that Russia has replaced ' Mc Slopski's ' with ....' Slopki's' .....yum yum...not :wacko: 

HS

On 6/6/2022 at 6:08 AM, Handstitched said:

thats quite a sight  :)

Just had a nice roast lamb, with an assortment of home grown herbs, crispy roast potato's , I used duck fat, makes em crispy on high heat , vegies, and gravy, I put the juices from the meat into the gravy, always do  , and washed down with a nice cab sav ..and later, I'll be indulging in a few scones with jam & cream ......and right now , I'm enjoying a little tipple of whisky ....so there !!   Life is sweet  :)  

The brookies still  look tasty @chuck123wapati  Who needs restaurants when we have Mother Nature ? I can't remember the last  time I actually sat in a restaurant, so long ago.  With an ex ...I think :dunno:

HS

In about another month the snow will be gone and the creeks low enough to catch some Brookies. I cant wait its my favorite type of fishing. you have to sneak up on these smart lil critters, in the shallow water of the small creeks they can see you as well as feel you walking on the bank.

spring5.JPG

spring6.JPG