Mocivnik

Axe and knife sheath combo + sharpers

I wanna make a combo sheath for my dad, to put into the back of the car.

Since axe and knife got same style handle (cheap plastic, but as much as he will need the tools, it's good), so I added a file to sharpen axe and sharpening stone for the knife. See items below, it's just what I got/how they looks like, they're not placed as final shape.

275472924_497887345055405_8571568628027905178_n.thumb.jpg.6bc65985cab8c589b08d34f65201d6df.jpg

Now, as far as I have made a research, there are two options:

First, which I wouldn't like to give it a go, is a full axe sheath, where on one side is attached knife (and the file on the other, in my case), but I don't really like this one as it's kinda "bunky". Shown here:

coleman-western-hatchet-knife-combo_1_6eb4e9c9e2bed895559852f5a16bfc11.thumb.jpg.ae727f44fc8ee4a75be5cc44fe5ab1c8.jpg

Now, the other option, which I'm more and more into, is larger sheet of leather, where all the items are attached from the same side, as I can leave back side for straps or loops/hooks for attaching in the car. Like the one on photo below. Is there any other option or has anyone ever done anything simmilar and have any guidelines for it?

behring_scagel_style_knife_hatchet_combo_set.jpg.69900f6bc8b08dcb4213e96eefcb294e.jpgpost-6335-126265426739.jpg.d7161b133f1d7b940998081b5c686bcb.jpg

I like the one on the very bottom I would make the top fold over to the back then rivet to make a belt loop just incase he should want or need to carry it . It looks like a fun project good luck can't wait to see it when your done.

That looks awesome.  

If anyone ever made a combo sheath of any kind, I'd be like a child in candy factory to see it.

I like the bottom one as well. Cant wait to see the finished product.