Sign in to follow this  
Slickbald

Prices Charged

Okay team-

I've recently gotten back into commercial work (primairily in the fetish community) and still find myself struggling with how much to charge. If I make a collar (tooled, lined, full color, billet buckel straps, etc) and have 8 hours in it, is $200-$225 reasonable? Too little? I don't ask if it's too much as my customers aren't complaining! At the same time, I don't want to come accross as "full of my self with that price" or greedy. This is part time now so it's not like my living depends on it, but it is my goal to have a brick and mortar shop in or around 2012. (supplies as well, I'm not thinking just making will make a living at this point)

From a business perspective, being self employed at $25 p/h is pretty friggin cheap, but I don't want to price myself out of a market. The maker I trained under gets 4 figures for a hollywood type holster and can make it in two days fully carved, but he has people tracking him down, reputation and all. I don't have that yet, so where does a good but unknown maker/artist start?

The sample in the pic sold for $200 and was air brushed. In line?

Dakota_DF_collar_0709.jpg

post-11136-1248372985_thumb.jpg