Sign in to follow this  
2palominos1bay

Blevins Vs Farrows

New on to the site, sorry if this is well dressed previously in earlier strings. I used Farrow buckles recently when doing a custom job for someone who waned leathers not as wide to allow using standard size Blevins buckles. Now some folks have seen this option when coming in to work out a saddle plan with me and some are liking the option. So would love to know who likes them for what type of use. Again, my first run with Farorw buckles was great, but it was used accommodating a very much lighter saddle, tiny rider , lighter type of horse and Farrow buckles gave me some flexibility for that occasion.

You wouldn't happen to have a pic or two of this saddle you could post, showing the buckle? Afraid I'm not familiar with the Farrow buckle - curious to see it.

Plus always interested in seeing what folks come up with in saddles for those of us on the smaller side ;)

Well it would help if I had a picture with that saddle showing the buckle! Unfortunately it wasn't visible since it is behind the fender. The Farrow buckles I used were picked up in Sheridan at the annual show, I think from Ron's Tools, who maybe just one of many suppliers. I think Ron"s has a web site that would show the buckle. It allowed me to construct somewhat atypical sized leathers; 2" wide, still from best quality hides taken along the top line where the hide was a consistent 13oz thick for the entire length of the leathers. Thanks for your reply and still trolling for more opinions.

I believe Ron's is one of the only suppliers of the Farrow buckle, but not sure. One of the nice things is that you don't have to worry about losing the slide like you do with the Blevins

Richard

Thanks Richard - that is part of why I selected Farrow for the one saddle that was going overseas where my thought was, "what do they do id the slide falls off?". thanks again for the favor of your reply!