Sign in to follow this  
King's X

New catalog long awaited

I just placed an order with Betty at Hidecrafters today. She told me that the new catalog and website will be out in about a week or two. She also said that they are going to an online order website, cool.

Also, check out the site, they have updated the "old" catalog. It is the same but they went through it and placed discontinued labels on a log of products.

Until next time, remember: Stop and Strop!

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

ATX:

Wow, I opened the catalog and it looks like they have discontinued half of their former inventory. Have you been to their store? I was pondering making the 235 mile drive from the Huntsville area when I get home from work next week. Do they carry a significantly better grade of leather than the typical Tandy offerings?

Thanks,

Arturo

While I plunking down about $240 at HC this morning and I asked Ron about that and he told me that the new catalog will be ready in 2-3 weeks. They're going through the final layouts & approvals. The new "discontinued items" edition is simply a temporary catalog.

And yes they do carry a better quality of hides than Tandy. I also went to Tandy today too and most of the leather that I was looking through had some sort of marring, scratches or holes in them in areas you don't want them to be in.

Damon

ATX:

Wow, I opened the catalog and it looks like they have discontinued half of their former inventory. Have you been to their store? I was pondering making the 235 mile drive from the Huntsville area when I get home from work next week. Do they carry a significantly better grade of leather than the typical Tandy offerings?

Thanks,

Arturo

Yes, Arturo, I have been to the store in FTW. It is a small, but very well organized store. They have a much different selection than Tandys. I received my order from HC just the other day and of course, I am missing some things, but since I ordered out of the stock number listing without pictures, I purchased some duplicates. Some of our guild members want to go to HC on a Saturday where I am sure I will spend a whole bunch of money, but with my returns I should save about 8 bucks, haha.

I will be taking my guild members by the Al Stohlman museum to let them see his work up front. It has some amazing stuff there.

I will let you guys/gals know about the catalog news.