Sign in to follow this  
randyo7

billy cook show saddle

about 20 years ago i purshed a Billy Cook show saddle. at least this is the way it was told to me. i put the saddle up never used it. last weekend a friend seen the saddle and told me it was worth a great deal of $$ . i dont really wish to sell it but would like to know what i have and what its worth. it seems the more i reseach this thing the less i really know about it. i know its a really nice saddle. it has a rawhide tree and i have foud all the numbers on the saddle .i think? is there anyone out there thyat can help me. my email is randyo7tolbert at yahoo dot com thanks

randyo7,

Several months ago there was a thread on this topic, I'm sure if you check through the saddlery topics you can find it. It really is not possible to comeup with reasonable value for your saddle with the information you have provided. First off Billy Cook saddles were made by more than one maker. Those that seem to retain the most value are maked "Billy Cook Saddlery, Sulpher Springs, OK." These are manufactured by the Billy Cook Saddlery company, owned by Billy Cook himself. There are a number of models and types built by the Billy Cook Saddlery and others under that name. They make cutting, roping reining, barrel racing saddles to name just a few. The best way to get an accurate amount would be to contact saddlery dealers (preferably that deal in used as well as new saddlery) in your area and have them inspect your particular saddle. Getting a few quotes will help you get a better idea of what it's real value is. Area is important as local preferences can strongly affect the value.