Sign in to follow this  
Damocles

New Sporran Prototype

her is a new sporran i am working on. its all done except dying thinking on that and the stitching down the center strap, i was really inspired by the molded sporran guide in the how to do that section. this is my second leather project i watched every vid on here as well as read about 100 threads. its fully lined with Calf skin 1.oz that turned out much better then i expected i molded the liner then left it on the form and molded the tooling leather on top so they would fit snugly over each other. it was a bit of a bear but i worked with it. o and i made sure to fully trim the liner before starting to mold the outer shell. i did use a vary durable glue to secure the piping around the outer edge. i did't want to have a bunch of stitches showing as i'm still profecting my sewing skills in leather. also the idea was to do something a bit more English looking. have nothing against western ware but as i ware a kilt every day it seamed a good look. i'm a professional fine artist working in Oils as well as water colors and i have been tailoring for a couple of decades. so i do have a back ground in design

next project will be a matching curer bag i'm going to do a hole set of luggage with a kilt case for traveling so my kilts don't wrinkled all in this same English molded saddle bag style all with as few seems showing as possible

003.JPG?width=750

Paul

Very nice Paul, like it very much. Only one thing! When talking about kilts and sporrans English should never be mentioned only Scottish. Lol

Very nice Paul, like it very much. Only one thing! When talking about kilts and sporrans English should never be mentioned only Scottish. Lol

good point and i totally agree how ever even a Scotsman will admit the blime bleading English do make a nice piece of leather! LOL

her is a new sporran i am working on. its all done except dying thinking on that and the stitching down the center strap, i was really inspired by the molded sporran guide in the how to do that section. this is my second leather project i watched every vid on here as well as read about 100 threads. its fully lined with Calf skin 1.oz that turned out much better then i expected i molded the liner then left it on the form and molded the tooling leather on top so they would fit snugly over each other. it was a bit of a bear but i worked with it. o and i made sure to fully trim the liner before starting to mold the outer shell. i did use a vary durable glue to secure the piping around the outer edge. i did't want to have a bunch of stitches showing as i'm still profecting my sewing skills in leather. also the idea was to do something a bit more English looking. have nothing against western ware but as i ware a kilt every day it seamed a good look. i'm a professional fine artist working in Oils as well as water colors and i have been tailoring for a couple of decades. so i do have a back ground in design

next project will be a matching curer bag i'm going to do a hole set of luggage with a kilt case for traveling so my kilts don't wrinkled all in this same English molded saddle bag style all with as few seems showing as possible

003.JPG?width=750

Paul

here is the finished work i know my stitching sucks so you don't have to point that out LOL all get better this is only my second sporran/leather project

001.JPG?width=750

005.JPG?width=750

003.JPG?width=750