jehuty

Salutations From Sunny Singapore!

Hello everyone! I've been thinking of making my own leather items and the great Google brought me here, haha. This place seems to be bursting at the seams with information, and I'm still trying to sieve through all of it. I'm mainly on the look out for good leather suppliers that ship internationally. We don't have the luxury here to visit a leather store and have a look at it ourselves. I've been reading some horror stories here, so I'm a little wary. Then again, the only way to find out is to dive in. :P

Jehuty - Welcome to the forum. What type of leather items are you doing? Do you have any examples? Knowing what you intended to make will help identifying the leather suppliers you should look at. There is a lot of helpful information on this site and a lot of helpful folks as well. I hope you will look around and join in on some of the conversations and help extend the knowledge base that is here. Did Mr. Google show you where the coffee and donuts are? They are down the hall in the corner, help yourself, its free welcome.gif

BillB

Welcome to the forum and best wishes.

Jehuty - Welcome to the forum. What type of leather items are you doing? Do you have any examples? Knowing what you intended to make will help identifying the leather suppliers you should look at. There is a lot of helpful information on this site and a lot of helpful folks as well. I hope you will look around and join in on some of the conversations and help extend the knowledge base that is here. Did Mr. Google show you where the coffee and donuts are? They are down the hall in the corner, help yourself, its free welcome.gif

BillB

I'm mostly looking at dealing with garment leather, to sew up some jackets, pants or gloves. It looks as though, I'm going to have to find a decent sewing machine too. Thanks for warm welcome everyone~

You might want to try and network with reddevil76, Lazybum, and Crimson who also live in Singapore. Combined you all may be able to benefit from combined orders to save on shipping, and such.

Strength in numbers works in business as well as other endeavors.

Hi. Ive never bought any garment leather before but springfield leather has treated me well. Very nice and patient people who will gladly accommodate you and answer your queries.

Im new to leatherwork myself but if you should have any questions feel free to drop me a pm and ill see what I can do (or any of the other Singaporeans leatherworkers, i'm sure they will be glad to help!)

Any of y'all in Singapore doing any holster work? I ask because about two years ago I was contacted about making a holster for a guy in Singapore and using an Ostrich he harvested on safari. We could never get around the issues of getting it into the U.S. (U.S. Customs), but that wouldn't be an issue with any of you there. Contact me via PM if you can do the work, and I'll pass on the info on the customer.